By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Do our opponents think we are better than we are?

libero

Obviously me being an OOCER I am in a position where I have a lot of mates/acquaintances who are supporters of other teams. I get a distinct feeling they are starting to fear us as the real deal wheras on here and amongst the few reds I know we are not getting carried away with the decent start we have had.

Are we just saving ourselves in case of yet another false dawn??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are only a few points off mid table. It's really fine margins at this stage.

If we are still up there at Christmas then we can frolic and gambol a bit.

surely the spring is the best time for all that? you can frolic a good bit at christmas, granted, but you don't want to be seen gambolling because everyone will look at you like "surely the spring is when you want to be doing that, mate?"

I think at our best we're as good as anything in the league but we've only shown that in flashes. At other times we've been extremely poor. I don't think other fans really pay that much attention to much outside themselves.

should the thread be titled "our opponents fans'"?

If so, I think "yes" they see the results and think we are a good side

If you are talking our opponents, Palace came here and played 3 up, and Southampton came here and played in our half as much as they could, so "No" would be my answer to that.

I think we played better football at times last season. It's all a bit odd at the moment. I'm hoping things will maybe click soon, and hoping that Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge might get a run of games together.

But if we keep playing the way we are most second halves so far we'll be well outside the Top 4 by Christmas

Edited by Heighway 61 Revisited

I actually think we're a popular 'second team' to be honest. I think only United and Everton hate us. Teams get up for us because for a long time we've been a huge name but a scalp which could be taken, because we've not been as good as we should be.

I actually think we're a popular 'second team' to be honest. I think only United and Everton hate us. Teams get up for us because for a long time we've been a huge name but a scalp which could be taken, because we've not been as good as we should be.

Seriously? I think almost everybody hates us.

Read other team's forums when we play them. They all hate us

I think other teams mainly hate our fans because of all the bitching and moaning from them about how we still see ourselves as a top club, harking back to the old days, our team only exist to win trophies etc. rather then actually hating the team no more or less then other teams.

I also feel some think we are hated by all as its fuels this general conspiracy that everyone is agaist us.