By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Supporters Committee

downunder

I know it's not for everyone, as there are people who think it's just a PR gimmick by the club, but I am in the running to represent International east, which covers Asia, Africa, and Aus/NZ, over 70% of the world's population.

The offal will be having an online poll to select the winner, I am up against people from Qatar,Pakistan, Singapore and Dubai. Assuming the others don't use this forum I would like to have all your support! The poll starts In about 10 days, and I will put my manifesto up here as well, as long as owners and moderators don't mind.

If I do get in I will have to attend at least 2 out of 4 meetings at the club each year, and dedicate time each week for helping my 'constituents'.

For those that are friends on FB, I apologise now for stating I will be posting on there regularly to get as much support as possible.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1380021189[/url]' post='3507485']

I'll vote for you like, as you have asked nicely, but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole personally

Getting over to the UK twice a year doesn't sound cheap either, do you do that anyway?

I haven't been back for 3 years, I used to come every other year though.

The club pays for the trips, and I am not doing this as a freeloader, but as I said to the guy on the interview,I wouldn't apply if I had to pay, and he understood. I didn't want to mention the all expenses paid bit, as I thought it would spark debate as the club waiting money!

As you will all see when I post up my experience on committees and the like, it's the sort of thing I love...but I can see why many are anti it. I am finishing it over the next few days, it can only be 500 words.

Oh great. Delighted we are spending our money on that

No offence downunder. I am sure you will make loads of boss points in meetings that go ignored

ha!

"what more could we be doing for the supporters in International East?"

"er, well, we could buy some starters with goals in em, good ones who play at a high level sort of thing"

"ok...what about if all the players wore a shirt with 'hello to all our fans in International East ah so ah so ah so' when they warm up?"

1380022997[/url]' post='3507515']

Oh great. Delighted we are spending our money on that

No offence downunder. I am sure you will make loads of boss points in meetings that go ignored

TBH i don't know why meetings can't be done via Skype, FaceTime etc. and maybe once a yer we would have to attend.

I am not yet going to defend the committee and the club as I am not sure how much the group has done to get the fans points across and actioned,, but if I don't get in, I will no doubt say the Qatari bought votes etc!!!

I'm trying not to be annoyed about this supporters committe, but essentially I want the club to look after it's loyal match day following first and foremost.

That's not me, by the way, I'm not a regular match goer anymore.

Flying people over from the other side of the world is bulls***, no offence downunder.

1380023321[/url]' post='3507517']

ha!

"what more could we be doing for the supporters in International East?"

"er, well, we could buy some starters with goals in em, good ones who play at a high level sort of thing"

"ok...what about if all the players wore a shirt with 'hello to all our fans in International East ah so ah so ah so' when they warm up?"

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I am not yet going to defend the committee and the club as I am not sure how much the group has done to get the fans points across and actioned,,

I wouldn't ask you too. I am sure everyone is in it for the right reasons

Just knowing how tight the club is, and how they try and bleed every penny out of fans, its a bit mad that they are willing to spend £8K a year on flying you over for chats

You best say a lot lad, because I am going to be going through the minutes working out the cost per word!

1380023547[/url]' post='3507523']

I'm trying not to be annoyed about this supporters committe, but essentially I want the club to look after it's loyal match day following first and foremost.

That's not me, by the way, I'm not a regular match goer anymore.

Flying people over from the other side of the world is bulls***, no offence downunder.

I won't take offence, but I think only 2 people get flown anywhere. The majority are locals.

The term is 3 years, and if I get in I hope I can help make difference to supporters. I have to admit to not having taken much notice about the group until the last month, in which time I have read all the minutes, which are online. It appears the group is getting stronger, but it doesn't have as much weight as it could, or possibly should.

Most fans, and I think especially far away ones like my area don't care about too much except success on the pitch. It would be interesting to find out what people want off the pitch.

1380023710[/url]' post='3507530']

I wouldn't ask you too. I am sure everyone is in it for the right reasons

Just knowing how tight the club is, and how they try and bleed every penny out of fans, its a bit mad that they are willing to spend £8K a year on flying you over for chats

You best say a lot lad, because I am going to be going through the minutes working out the cost per word!

It's ok, I never shut up!!!!

Most fans, and I think especially far away ones like my area don't care about too much except success on the pitch. It would be interesting to find out what people want off the pitch.

Better access to tickets, more recognition and a regular pre-season tour.

You should be speaking to Andy Gargett by the way. Chairman of NSW supporters club. As long as he isn't up against you. Smart lad

1380024244[/url]' post='3507540']

Better access to tickets, more recognition and a regular pre-season tour.

You should be speaking to Andy Gargett by the way. Chairman of NSW supporters club. As long as he isn't up against you. Smart lad

I am alone in Aus! I have The support of the other branches in Aus, including NSW.

I know others from here applied, but weren't short listed, but I don't know who these people were.

Usually when i have put my hand up for a role, it's because no one else has wanted it, this looking for votes is all new territory.

TBH i don't know why meetings can't be done via Skype, FaceTime etc. and maybe once a yer we would have to attend.

I am not yet going to defend the committee and the club as I am not sure how much the group has done to get the fans points across and actioned,, but if I don't get in, I will no doubt say the Qatari bought votes etc!!!

If there's a Qatari buying votes, can I have his email?

Good luck, btw.

Edited by £440,000

here's what I want:

1 consultation over the stadium design; it is after all THE biggest move in our history. The number one reason why we looked for new owners in the first place. Will the fans get to look at some drawings before they are submitted?

2 a complete tear up and start again of the seating arrangements, with a view to grouping together a)mates b)people who sing

in order to generate the best possible match-day atmosphere

3 rather than issue new season tickets, as a function of point 2, get an entire section of both the Kop and Anny Rd that is put on general sale, match by match, with 65% of it sold in person only, in the week leading up to a game

can you deliver these things?

1380026029[/url]' post='3507558']

here's what I want:

1 consultation over the stadium design; it is after all THE biggest move in our history. The number one reason why we looked for new owners in the first place. Will the fans get to look at some drawings before they are submitted?

2 a complete tear up and start again of the seating arrangements, with a view to grouping together a)mates b)people who sing

in order to generate the best possible match-day atmosphere

3 rather than issue new season tickets, as a function of point 2, get an entire section of both the Kop and Anny Rd that is put on general sale, match by match, with 65% of it sold in person only, in the week leading up to a game

can you deliver these things?

I can deliver your points, can I deliver the outcome you want? Vote me in and find out!

I remember writing to the supporters committee and not even getting an acknowledgement, that said i sent the same email to the marketing department, the outreach and education department and FSG and got the same zero response.

It made me a bit sad.

Edited by D.Boon