By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

X Factor fakeness

Earl Hafler

Well i've had to watch some and i couldn't help think that the split from the group by that young lass Hannah was faked. It just seemed too quick. Barlow rubbing his chin nervously, not one disagreement from the other judges.

The girl is an actress, beautiful and obviously an ideal candidate for the show.

This is the group and she's in the middle. The other two sang well, i thought.

IMG_3455-as-Smart-Object-1-720x400.jpg

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive no idea why anyone watches this s****. its only a matter of time before someone gets rejected and then does themselves in. and that will be the ball over the wall with the whole thing

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. They obviously choose some young people for the car crash effect.

Howard Beale would love it.

What was with the bloke with the kid? Why was the little boy brought out and given so much screen time for?

Had headphones on and couldn't be bothered taking them out to find out.

He was rubbish, but the whole thing was staged. From the judges instantly remembering his name like an old friend, to remembering he had a kid, to asking or the kid to come in and watch. He had been on the bootcamp stage before so they apparently remembered him.

They get his kid to sit on nicole's knee.

So at that point you are thinking he's obviously passed his audition. They aren't going to f*** him off in front of his kid.

That Hannah was staged too.

I don't think the fact it's stage managed is a criticism other than it preying on the aspirations of kids. It's sound as a piece of telly but I think some of the criticism borders on cruel at times and the bringing back the s*** contestants is out of order. I get that they agree but whatever it's s***.

I don't think the fact it's stage managed is a criticism other than it preying on the aspirations of kids. It's sound as a piece of telly but I think some of the criticism borders on cruel at times and the bringing back the s*** contestants is out of order. I get that they agree but whatever it's s***.

While I've definitely laughed in the past, watching the rubbish contestants makes me feel uncomfortable now - especially when they interview them beforehand and go out of their way to ridicule them like that couple last night.

They need to stop the freak show element IMO, that's what makes The Voice preferrable to me.

They haven't had any of the s*** contestants come back this year to be fair

But we know there are pre-auditons before they get to the judges and they are certainly telling the stranger contestants that they are good before they go through. Which seems unfair.

While I've definitely laughed in the past, watching the rubbish contestants makes me feel uncomfortable now - especially when they interview them beforehand and go out of their way to ridicule them like that couple last night.

They need to stop the freak show element IMO, that's what makes The Voice preferrable to me.

It's been noticably more extreme that, this year. We know they're nutcases as soon as they appear on screen. I used to quite enjoy guessing which way it would go in previous series but it's clear they're mental within seconds.

Also, I guess after 10 years they've run out of mildly dusturbed people and are now left with people with proper mental issues.

The biggest sham of recent series is the groups; most of them have deals and management already in place. They're encouraged to audition with vague promises about a place in the live shows.

I still enjoy it as a piece of entertainment every now and then but it peaked 3/4 years ago and no amount of fancy editing and emotional manipulation will get me that interested again.

Yeah I think it was when they bring them back for the final that I thought was pretty awful. I'd have laughed as well but then it can be funny, the internet is built on people laughing at other people making t*** of themselves. I'm good with swerving it now but I miss knowing what other people are talking about more than I should.

I think they've toned the ridicule down a bit with the new format to be honest.

Really ? I think Barlow was more critical and personal in the hour i saw last night than anything i've previously seen from him. Seems to me that Sharon is more positive and constructive than Tulisa, so Gary has become more like Cowell in his responses to counter it.

( i originally typed ' c***er ' there. Thanks, Dr Freud )

The whole thing of splitting people out from groups, and making new groups, has jumped the shark for me. It's never going to stop as long as One Direction are still massive though.

The cruelest thing is making them decide there and then - that girl is 17, she's probably going to go out in bootcamp and she's just lost her two best friends.