By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Do defeats put you in a foul mood?

RafaShanks

Apologies if this topic has been done before, but realised yesterday what a foul mood losing put you in for the rest of the day. Didn't even watch the game and didn't realise how fecked off I was until the missus pointed it out to me.

Think the mood thing is even worse if we play s*** and lose. Think disappointment levels are less when we do play well, when we are unlucky due to officials incompetence or just a fluke of a goal.

Obviously expectations has been raised this season with our start in addition, which doesn't help.

I avoid the highlights either on MOTD or on Sky when we do lose. I'm sure others are the same.

I've actually calmed down a lot and used to throw things (luckily never had any pets), which would lead to damaging items/furniture either during or after games.

But losing is a complete c**t.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It used to ruin my entire weekend. Now it's still s*** but not quite as bad. I don't know if that's just getting older or because of how rubbish we've been in general for the last few years, and the draining nature of life under Hicks and Gillette, Hodgson etc.

Yesterday didn't irk me as much as it should have really. I couldn't watch the game for a start but I also kind of expected it a little. Well, maybe not a defeat but I thought we'd struggle.

I think it could be a good wakeup call in a way. Beat the Mancs and it's wahey again. A defeat will be really s*** though (obviously!). And I fear for the Sunderland game.

Depends on the way we lose.

I was fuming and totally pissed off after yesterdays match, since we played so poor. It didn't help when the ref overlooked a stone cold penalty neither.

I'm kind of OK with a loss if we give it our all but still get beaten by a superior team, even though I hate losing.

When you start the season so well and lose at home to southampton, well, it's put me in a foul mood made even worse by the 'what might have been' of this summer.

2 really good midfield/attacking signings would have made a huge difference. Could even have seen us challenging for the title with a bit of luck. But instead we bought players not good enough to get into the southampton side.

Its f***ing infuriating

There are times when we have been beaten and its not too bad, we have played well and just failed to snatch the points. It's games like yesterday where it seemed we wouldn't win from the start ,or other games where we play below par and turn it on for the last 10 mins that get to me. These people are on a huge wage, the least I expect is effort and professionalism. That hasn't always been the case. I think on the whole, fans are disappointed with defeat, but its the nature of it that influences how deep that will be . If we get over run in midfield again next week, it will be increasingly raw, as everyone can see the issue , it's the same with other teams I expect ( Wenger and his defence)

Yes.

I played for my team yesterday, we won 8-0, got off the pitch and found out we'd lost, ruined my good mood completely..

What makes defeats worse is when we pick a team that I don't understand like yesterday when we played four centre backs at home and had Kelly and Enrique on the bench.

Like it could have been avoided, but we played it stupidly.

Edited by The_Adder

I think the frustrating thing for me was I almost expected it. Despite bring top of the league and unbeaten, we should have been brimming with confidence. But I'd seen enough in previous games and particularly Swansea, that we seem to have a real problem paying and maintaining a hi tempo game and our fitness levels are alarmingly poor and we ground out results rather than dominated games. So defeats like yesterday seem to be waiting to happen and the act many of us cold see it coming is a major concern. Seeing teams like Everton having more strength in depth is a major grievance. You know utd, Chelsea city will come good and arsenal are already flying. Spurs and Everton now have real strength so I'm actually very concerned.

IF we can get Johnson, phil and Allen back sooner rather than later and keep Suarez, Sturridge and Moses fit, then we have half a chance of breaking it to the top 4. Yesterday showed how one or two players make such a big difference to us.

I was really ****ed off yesterday, but like most on here the last few years have ground me down and I just sort of accept it these days :(

Yesterday the bubble and dreams burst for this season and the reality hit.

Yes, I think we may do better and maybe even sneak a top 4, if we are really lucky, but we still have a long way to go, and I am still not 100% sure about Rodgers.

Hope is now dimished and back to an "oh well" attitude as we start to drop more and more disappointing points.

Now I will just settle back for the season, enjoy the wins and ignore the defeats.

still ruins my weekend. didnt watch Match of the Day, didnt watch goals on sunday, wont watch any of todays football either. the last 2 results and the last 3 halves of football we have played have seen us go from potentially a fair few points clear at the top and a real gap between us an whoever would be 5th, and now facing the possibility of being 5th and in the pack at the end of the day. so utterly f***ing annoying and so utterly frustrating

still ruins my weekend. didnt watch Match of the Day, didnt watch goals on sunday, wont watch any of todays football either. the last 2 results and the last 3 halves of football we have played have seen us go from potentially a fair few points clear at the top and a real gap between us an whoever would be 5th, and now facing the possibility of being 5th and in the pack at the end of the day. so utterly f***ing annoying and so utterly frustrating

Been the same for time though. Last Christmas ( Al and Gibo start humming ) we had that fairly easy run and fecked it up. Was the same with the summer transfer windows of 02 and 09.