By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Another Horrific story of parents killing their children.

DazzlaJ

Story about that 4 year old Daniel killed by his parents. Not often I get upset but reading about this just made me go. How can parents be so extraordinarily cruel to their kids? A passage about his sibling hiding food for him, f***ing heartbreaking.

How the f*** did the teachers see it happening and not step in?

Story about that 4 year old Daniel killed by his parents. Not often I get upset but reading about this just made me go. How can parents be so extraordinarily cruel to their kids? A passage about his sibling hiding food for him, f***ing heartbreaking.

I don't know the specifics of the case but if we report something to our DSP, it often becomes "need to know" after that and we won't get told what is happening with the child. I'm not sure if anything was passed to a DSP or anything was reported from the DSP to police/social services. Obviously a major breakdown in something.

Why have kids though if you're going to do that? Just don't understand it.

I'd maybe wait for the Serious Case Review before singling out his his school, like.

Why not his neighbours? His GP? The police? Social Services? All had concerns/involvement.

The reality probably is that all and none of those are to blame. Perhaps they could have pursued concerns more vigorously, but what these cases often throw up - and where the lesson still seems to be unlearned - is the lack of anyone with management oversight to draw together the reports coming from different agencies and hear the alarm bells.

It has already been said that his mother was scarily plausible, so when agencies are not communicating then it makes it possible for the wool to be pulled in a way that it shouldn't.

Agree with what you say about this being one of those cases that really gets to you though. I posted it in the 'Scumbags' thread yesterday and matty - who is about as un-NYR (no offence) as you can get - spoke about hoping they get the living s*** kicked out of them in jail.

I'm not proud to say that in this instance I can't really resist the urge to agree.

The news last night focussed on (i.e. really singled out) one of the boy's teachers.

Showed a clip of her and said something like: "this is the teacher who asked the mother about the bruises on the boys legs - but when the mother replied aggressively, the teacher just dropped it".

That's a pretty f'cking damning thing to say about someone like that, on the national news.

It's all pretty disgusting, this whole story.

The news last night focussed on (i.e. really singled out) one of the boy's teachers.

Showed a clip of her and said something like: "this is the teacher who asked the mother about the bruises on the boys legs - but when the mother replied aggressively, the teacher just dropped it".

That's a pretty f'cking damning thing to say about someone like that, on the national news.

Massively unfair too, before the Serious Case Review has even taken place.

Why not single out whoever made the decision to not press charges when the police were called after the little lad's arm was broken? Or the neighbour who said something like 'I saw him getting dragged into the house crying but I didn't want to intefere'? Or wheoever took the Social Service referral? Or the GP who said that he had no reason to not believe the mum?

Again, I'd anticipate that there has been a catalogue of failings and lack of communication across a range of agencies.

If the teacher was aware of the full case history and still did nothing then that is different. Chances are though that it is a multi-agency failing rather than an individual one and that people weren't being given the full picture.

I think the reason schools get singled out in cases like this is because unlike SS, GPs, police, Neighbours the kid would be in school from 9am to 2 or 3pm 5 days a week whereas its likely the others mentioned could have no involvement at all unless notified and most people cant comprehend how it can get to a stage where the kid is completely starved with multiple injuries resulting in death without something major being done about it and so look to blame someone and its usually the school.

But as Kop205 says the schools can notify and then hear nothing about it and assume that its being handled by another agency....

its just that these are the cases we hear about...the ones where the kids die, you dont get news stories every night detailing all the kids who have been saved from such a thing by the intervention of teachers etc.

Poor wee lad....f***ing heartbreaking. After I did a paper in University all about Jamie Bulger, Ive tended to avoid reading in any great detail what happens to these kids, cause that f***ed me up big style.

and then we just about hear what happens to kids in Palestine, Syria, Rwanda etc etc but our moral outrage is lessened.

My wife is a Special Needs Co ordinator for schools and the stories she tells me about vulnerable kids being let down due to mismanagement, incompetence and agencies not doing their jobs from the school right up to social services are common place.

Edited by D.Boon

Seems there's almost always a step parent or boyfriend / girlfriend of a single parent involved in these things isn't there?

Just like there's always a wicked step parent in the kids movies. Seems to me that the one parent gets with the wrong person, chooses them and their own life over the child and either at the behest of the partner or in conjunction with them they push the child out in an increasingly aggressive manner, who has become an 'inconvenience'. In these cases you hear on the news this goes to an extreme and has fatal consequences. Poor little boy, unthinkable what he went through.

Edited by Leo No.8

I'd maybe wait for the Serious Case Review before singling out his his school, like.

Why not his neighbours? His GP? The police? Social Services? All had concerns/involvement.

The reality probably is that all and none of those are to blame. Perhaps they could have pursued concerns more vigorously, but what these cases often throw up - and where the lesson still seems to be unlearned - is the lack of anyone with management oversight to draw together the reports coming from different agencies and hear the alarm bells.

It has already been said that his mother was scarily plausible, so when agencies are not communicating then it makes it possible for the wool to be pulled in a way that it shouldn't.

Agree with what you say about this being one of those cases that really gets to you though. I posted it in the 'Scumbags' thread yesterday and matty - who is about as un-NYR (no offence) as you can get - spoke about hoping they get the living s*** kicked out of them in jail.

I'm not proud to say that in this instance I can't really resist the urge to agree.

Agree as you say the dots don't get joined, it's a pass the parcel system and that has to change.

We have technology coming out of our ears so why not make use of it, could they not put a system in place that links schools, social services etc and a dedicated police unit? Simplistic I know but for example if a teacher spots something they open a case file in-put the details which are automatically logged and sent to all agencies, then should a second incident be reported, by whoever, the case is automatically flagged up for investigation. Then rather than leaving it to one case worked to deal with a joint team with representatives from each agency manage the case?

But as Kop205 says the schools can notify and then hear nothing about it and assume that its being handled by another agency....

I think assuming that it is being handled by another agency actually brings a level of culpability.

I think the problem is more that schools too often lack the full context and aren't made aware of concerns that other agencies might have and so are unsure whether or not to escalate.

Which isn't to say that schools and teachers don't also get it wrong and failt to refer and agitate when they ought to.

I think assuming that it is being handled by another agency actually brings a level of culpability.

I think the problem is more that schools too often lack the full context and aren't made aware of concerns that other agencies might have and so are unsure whether or not to escalate.

Which isn't to say that schools and teachers don't also get it wrong and failt to refer and agitate when they ought to.

As you are probably aware yet another great thing the Tories are doing is slashing funding into these "non teaching" and social care areas as well so chances are it gets worse rather than better.

Edited by D.Boon

It really does not feel enough. We know its an extreme case but things like telling the school he had a rare eating disorder and not to feed him while starving him at home, the beatings, the solitary confinement, locking him in that room with no toliet facilities, the drownings, the gloating over it..... and its is your own child in the mothers case.

You really weep for the poor little lad.

I have got involved in my sons school and have been on a few safe guarding "meetings" etc and the stories they come out with break your heart. This is up there with them. The amount of people out there that could have given that kid love and attention and he ends up with **** like that for a mother. It makes you cry and rage at the same time.

RIP little Daniel and we are all sorry for letting you down.

As you are probably aware yet another great thing the Tories are doing is slashing funding into these "non teaching" and social care areas as well so chances are it gets worse rather than better.

Yeah I was about to make this exact same point.

Clegg has already been questioning and bemoaning how this could happen. The absolute gutting of social services funds and the ridiculous pressures & workloads put on social services workers may well have the answer.

The absolute gutting of social services funds and the ridiculous pressures & workloads put on social services workers may well have the answer.

Which is why Eskimos technology idea wouldn't work. Unless of course the whole thing was privatised! :woohoo:

It really does not feel enough.

In this case it really isn't enough,, a heartbreaking situation, how anyone could do this defies belief. But anyone who has spent time working in social services will tell you that this is the bottom end of a very big iceberg, there are far too many kids living with people who don't look after them as they should.

Yeah I was about to make this exact same point.

Clegg has already been questioning and bemoaning how this could happen. The absolute gutting of social services funds and the ridiculous pressures & workloads put on social services workers may well have the answer.

True but this problem has been around long before Clegg and his s***house cutting party of pricks.

It's beyond me how this was missed. Apart from there being too much a culture of "I'm not getting involved, it's more than my job's worth."

If you don't talk to stressederic and he doesn't talk to AE and no one takes a flying bit of notice what some school teacher says in the same way authorities/departments don't talk to each other in this country how is there ever going to be any concerted effort to correct the social f*** ups like this?

Pair of c****, hope Luczak and Krezolek live to be 100 and spend every day of it in jail while meeting 4Pool twice a day for 5 minutes.

Edited by DPD1973

It's also beyond me how people can treat kids like this. Something fundamentally wrong with some people..

These people will suffer hell in prison and they deserve it.

is this true though? i know Huntley had his neck slashed a while back but what about those 3 c**** involved in the Baby P case? Have they had a cushy number? Not heard any stories of them getting what they deserve or even if they are still locked up. c****.

is this true though? i know Huntley had his neck slashed a while back but what about those 3 c**** involved in the Baby P case? Have they had a cushy number? Not heard any stories of them getting what they deserve or even if they are still locked up. c****.

Do you really want them to suffer?

It's tough obviously what they've done is horrendous but if we actually want people to be punished beyond their sentence then it seems it would be preferable to legislate for it and reintroduce capital punishment. It seems to me to be worse that we would outsource that desire for retribution to people we've deemed to be worthy of punishment themselves.