Things to do to cheer us up

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a little boy this morning gang. Magic.

My friends wife paid her final scheduled trip to the cancer clinic today, she had her final bout of scheduled  Chemo last week and they carried out the final tests today, all clear, she's in remission

My daughters might be returning from overseas. I miss them more than words can say so I don’t want to get my hopes up in case I’m back to thinking about yearly visits.  I think my ex, although Austr

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Ostrich Man said:

Im hitting Annascaul In Kerry this saturday with my two kids and my mate and his kids for 5 or so days. I am very much looking forward to it, 10 mins from Inch Beach

inch-beach-wonderful-km-long-stretch-glo

My daughter lost a ring in the sea at Inch Beach when she was about 6. if you find it can you let me know. Cheers.

My missus has an allergy type thing when she touches raw garlic, gives her a rash on her hands so she presses the back of a spoon on a clove and then tweezers to lift the skin away - really easy. 

I'd never liked the smell of garlic on my hands so have adopted the same technique although I don't generally worry about using the tweezers bit. 

1 hour ago, Ostrich Man said:

Im hitting Annascaul In Kerry this saturday with my two kids and my mate and his kids for 5 or so days. I am very much looking forward to it, 10 mins from Inch Beach

Love that part of Ireland. My uncle spent a few years living in Dunquin when I was a teenager so spent a few long holidays over there. Seeing the weather fronts rolling in over the Blasket Islands was pretty spectacular. Seem to remember the waves at Clogher beach a bit further round were always pretty mental

57 minutes ago, Tommok said:

My missus has an allergy type thing when she touches raw garlic, gives her a rash on her hands

I get that occasionally - it's really annoying given how much I use the stuff.

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

I'd never liked the smell of garlic on my hands so have adopted the same technique although I don't generally worry about using the tweezers bit. 

Wash your hands with cold water when you're getting rid of the smell.

Hot water sort of cooks it and doesn't take the smell away.

Edited by cymrococh
1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

Wash your hands with cold water when you're getting rid of the smell.

Hot water sort of cooks it and doesn't take the smell away.

Yeah, cheers I usually do that. Not sure why it bothers me but it tends to linger for a few days. 

1 hour ago, Gethin said:

I get that occasionally - it's really annoying given how much I use the stuff.

Yeah she loves to eat stuff with garlic as I do but it does aggravate her hands 

A fascinating guided walk around Liverpool. Historian Lawrence Westgaph gets to the heart of Liverpool’s wealthy merchants and their funding of the slave trade. Highly recommended, if you get the chance. There’s no cost for the tickets, you can donate at the end of the tour. 

3 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

A fascinating guided walk around Liverpool. Historian Lawrence Westgaph gets to the heart of Liverpool’s wealthy merchants and their funding of the slave trade. Highly recommended, if you get the chance. There’s no cost for the tickets, you can donate at the end of the tour. 

Ah yeah I’ve been meaning to go on that. How did you sign up? His online presence is a bit rubbish

32 minutes ago, Tommok said:

I can't wait to go to Germany again. 

For the avoidance of doubt - no sarcasm intended there - I love Germany. 

This is great. Great for the mood of today, trinken bier und schnapps und wein.

• Like 1

I was in Germany earlier this year and EVERY weekday night they had a prime time TV show on that was essentially a massive fancy dress banquet with people giving comic speeches and leading rowdy schlager-type singalongs. It was magnificent. Like the b*****d offspring of The Good Old Days and The Banana Splits.  

Just done nearly 6000 ft of climbing over the big Dales passes this morning. Getting on for 15000 for the week. Stunning roads round here but they love a steep hill. I'm off for a few pints 

• Like 3