Stanley Leisure

Things to do to cheer us up

Whatever you do, don't go into the Golden Lion a couple of doors down.

what goes on in there? never been in, of all the bars around there it's the least likely looking

If only there had been some momentous event involving the Royal family in the past week or so. Then we would all be cheered up.

I'm off to the gym to be be put through the wringer by my trainer. That will cheer me up, especially tomorrow when I cannot move my arms.

Dennis Nielsen picked up a couple of his victims there.

Plus it's a sh*thole.

ah, ok then

bad vibes from that place anyway, all dark moodiness, like why even go in there when the French is one side and the Dutch is the other?

weirdest one was the pub that used to be at the end of Gerrard St, I remember a mate making a big thing of taking a few of us there like it was his regular, and when we goes in it was all old Chinese lads nursing their pints after probably being up all night, looking up at you like 'cant we even have our own bleedin pub? we don't go bothering yous in yours', that was grim

Carried on a bit at Kraftwerk Sunday and end result been cranky all week...

Was a laugh..

On hols in two weeks and been saving like mad, doing gym work and having a semi-hermit life..

Though today in the spirit of this thread I might splurge on latest Avengers/New Avengers plus some Pieminister Pies, Provolone Cheese and some Bilbao black pudding.

Maybe top it off this weekend with some Sierra Nevada summer fest or Ruthless Rye while watching The Sopranos.

Oh and might get parts to de-Armstrong a pair of Oakleys.

Edited by Benzo-13

Well in Eskimo!

What kind? Might help Mule make a decision about his.

I'm at the french house, i have a window seat and a half of Meteor. Also some mini-cheddars.

bushman style, although more country gent than outback :D

Mixed afternoon so far..

Been looking to get another pair of those Pumas Bigal mentioned for a bit, so ordered them from that link, UK size 13 which is often tough to find. Nice.

Went and had a sarnie in the park (my second lunch as it goes - this Suarez thing has given me an appetite). Was all going quite nicely - sunny but not too hot. Felt good.

Then I noticed that the sleeping tramp a few yards away had a boner poking out of his sweatpants. Gutted. Back to square one. f*** you Suarez.

expecting a load of samples from these fellas in the morning http://www.willieschocolateshop.com/ they use the phrase 'flavours dancing in perfect balance'

woman I spoke to asked me if I'd seen the telly programme that was made all about them, and I'm merrily telling her of course it was brilliant, no idea what she was on about tho

I'm going to have a poo in a few minutes - the pressure's been building for an hour or two and I've not had chance to go so far.

When I'm done with that I'm going to make myself a lovely big glass of sweetener-free orange squash.

yeah and no

just go in and start talking to everyone, it's a pub where you are meant to bother people

A pub in London where you talk to people. Sounds f***ing weird.

That's an exaggeration, my local is friendly and you do have conversations with random people. Which is why I pretty much only drink in there most of the time.

I'm going for a pint tonight.

The pub I'm going to has Sam Adams on tap, and even has the sexy, curvy Sam Adams glass.

What a time to be alive.

I'm about to get in a cab, head to the airport, get on a flight and get home at around 10

t***s.

I can hear some lad asserting that he is scared of nobody. He is asking if anyone can name anyone he is scared of and of course they cannot, because he is scared of nobody lad.

Now I'm having a Hepatitis B jab. Still not cheered up. I bet it'll be delivered by Suarez biting me.

Edited by Bailo

I'm putting all thoughts of excited tramps from my mind and heading off to the cricket. I shall be getting pleasantly drunk in the sunshine.

Well in Eskimo!

What kind? Might help Mule make a decision about his.

I'm at the french house, i have a window seat and a half of Meteor. Also some mini-cheddars.

It hasn't gone well, too long in the barbers chair to make a millinery decision.

But off to the pub with the dog now. Living it.

hows it going for you anyway? you still making a few quid?

we need to chat about this. maybe get the heads together and make a few easy bucks

I need to get in on this action.