Stanley Leisure

Things to do to cheer us up

Thanks Vic, it’s dead kind of you. 
I guess this lockdown, albeit a milder situation in Australia, gets people thinking about priorities and home.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

Thanks Vic, it’s dead kind of you. 
I guess this lockdown, albeit a milder situation in Australia, gets people thinking about priorities and home.

and thinking about what and who matters, wishing you everything you want with your kids Graham

14 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

My daughters might be returning from overseas. I miss them more than words can say so I don’t want to get my hopes up in case I’m back to thinking about yearly visits. 
I think my ex, although Australian by birth is English to the core and homesick for the Wirral. 

It's tough isn't it. my elder daughter has been stuck completely on her own in her flat for ten weeks now (or whatever it is). We're all desperately missing her and she is only in Manchester. Can't imagine what it's like when they are so far away.

Had a decent breakfast, delicious lunch of veggie thai curry, rice and pitta and now scones for tea. Warm homemade scones, loads of cream and jam

Then for the beer shed to get wrote off. Yooooo

Edited by jimbolala
Spelling
  • Haha 1

Just having vodka and lemonade for tea.

Where does everyone stand on food time names.

I go breakfast, dinner, tea. People think I am strange. Mine goes back to having school dinners.

I think the middle meal is either/or

Started out as dinner, but for convenience use ‘lunch’ so that wools and middle class people don’t think I’m scum or mistaken.

I used to extend the concept of brunch. So, linner, deakfast, etc. Make your own up!

Breakfast, lunch, dinner

Although someone the other day made the point that dinner is whenever your main meal of the day is - lunch/tea is the lighter meal that isn't dinner.

6 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Breakfast, lunch, dinner

Although someone the other day made the point that dinner is whenever your main meal of the day is - lunch/tea is the lighter meal that isn't dinner.

That sentence just sounds so grown up!

1 minute ago, cymrococh said:

Having some mad meals on this keto thing. Last night we had sausages, halloumi, avocado and tomato salsa, and a fried egg.

It was lovely tbf

I am on keto.

Just some thoughts.
Asda do some "free from" soy yogurts that are 0 carbs. Aldi also do soy and black bean spaghetti that is 2 carbs per 100g

2 hours ago, DazzlaJ said:

Just having vodka and lemonade for tea.

Where does everyone stand on food time names.

I go breakfast, dinner, tea. People think I am strange. Mine goes back to having school dinners.

It's breakfast, dinner and tea round here.

So if your tea becomes dinner if after 7, does the dinner you've already had at lunchtime retrospectively become lunch or tea, or are you now having breakfast, dinner dinner.?

On 07/04/2020 at 13:50, Tosh said:

I picked up a job lot of woodworking tools a week or so back. I’ve been sharpening and cleaning etc with a view to revisiting my O level woodwork skills*. I’ve always thought I’d like to do some woodwork again and it seems I now have the time.  First up will be planing and squaring before some joint practice

*They were s*** 40 odd years ago but it was only a couple of years ago I got rid of the coffee table I made 

Been struggling a bit on progress with this but a couple of hours on youtube last night on prepping and sharpening chisels and plane blades and an hour this afternoon and I now have a super sharp plane and one sharp chisel. I thought I'd done an OK job a few weeks back but obviously not.  Tomorrow, I'll have a bash at working on the other chisels. One has a couple of nicks out of the bevel so that could be a challenge

A mate of mine holed out in one today on the 17th at Highcliffe Castle Golf Club. He won't be getting a commemorative watch though 'cos he was playing the 16th. Funny as f*ck, in all my years I've never heard of anybody doing that, a big hook over some trees and a bunker, luckily nobody was on the green.

• Haha 1