By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The cricket

Cobs

53 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Buttler out of final T20, had to leave the camp last night for family stuff apparently. 

Thought something was up when he was batting yesterday... could see it in his eyes.....

I actually thought he was carrying an injury in terms of his demeanour and attitude when watching real time and his almost shrug when hitting a 6 to win the game was very downbeat

On 07/09/2020 at 13:14, Swan Red said:

Hit a 50, currently the top score with Warks all out and Glam 91/5, which I was able to watch courtesy of the link kop205 posted. Plays some elegant shots and still think he had a few more tests in him.

From memory, he was basically a fixture right up until he got dropped once and for all after some fairly sustained iffy form. He never got a recall despite them trying all kinds of s***e in the middle order like Westley, Compton and God knows who else? As far as I know he didn't make himself unavailable?

Not quite of the class of Pietersen or Cook from that era but stands comparison with all the rest.

Was made up he finally shoved the Aussie taunts down their throats by smashing them everywhere in 2013.

Edited by kop205

Yeah I, and Sutty very much iirc, always thought he was a better option than much of the dross that got opportunities not long after he was dropped. Playing at a time when there was an ashes series every 6 months reckon he was wrecked and could have done a job. Still goes down as a very good test batsmen