Sign in to follow this  
Cobs

The cricket

Yes, and yes, will do him good long term. Him and his brother have both got something about them, cracking competitors and not short on ability.

I hope he does well in the remainder of this match 

The guys on the wireless (talksport) were outraged that Broad had been dropped - I did rather get the impression that was a bit of a 'pals act'; my understanding was that it was a choice between Broad & Rashid - so the stick they were giving Curran was a little OTT.

Yes, and yes, will do him good long term. Him and his brother have both got something about them, cracking competitors and not short on ability.

He looks like a good option in a 4 seamer attack to me. 

Granted he might get better but I'm puzzled by an England side that has only Anderson as an out and out quick anywhere outside of Asia. 

He looks like a good option in a 4 seamer attack to me. 

Granted he might get better but I'm puzzled by an England side that has only Anderson as an out and out quick anywhere outside of Asia. 

Stokes is bowling as quick if not slightly quicker than Jimmy

Stokes is bowling as quick if not slightly quicker than Jimmy

Not really about pace my argument, it's more numbers of overs. 

I like Stokes as a bowler, but I'd have him as a change bowler and I wouldn't want him bowling 20 plus overs a day.

Feels like this attack lacks a bit of balance unless it is a turning pitch. Theres a bit of irony in this as normally it would give you balance, but I think it is mostly because there are alot of multi faceted players in the side (Ali, all 3 keepers, Curran, Rashid, Stokes). Root could make that list,. 

Not really about pace my argument, it's more numbers of overs. 

I like Stokes as a bowler, but I'd have him as a change bowler and I wouldn't want him bowling 20 plus overs a day.

Feels like this attack lacks a bit of balance unless it is a turning pitch. Theres a bit of irony in this as normally it would give you balance, but I think it is mostly because there are alot of multi faceted players in the side (Ali, all 3 keepers, Curran, Rashid, Stokes). Root could make that list,. 

I imagine the plan wasn't for Stokes to bowl as many as he has - but Curran was getting a bit of tap and Stokes looked good and got stuck into them - as he does.

If the pitch doesn't turn in the 2nd innings England are gonna look pretty daft though

I imagine the plan wasn't for Stokes to bowl as many as he has - but Curran was getting a bit of tap and Stokes looked good and got stuck into them - as he does.

If the pitch doesn't turn in the 2nd innings England are gonna look pretty daft though

Think Curran is in the same bracket as Stokes. Think ultimately a side with Curran at 9 and Rashid at 10 can probably pick another bowler. Reckon the answer is to drop one of the keepers TBH.

Think Curran is in the same bracket as Stokes. Think ultimately a side with Curran at 9 and Rashid at 10 can probably pick another bowler. Reckon the answer is to drop one of the keepers TBH.

Which would be Foakes presumably?

Which would be Foakes presumably?

Yes, that's what I would do. Somewhat unfairly but I'd have another bowler in 

harsh on any of them

mind you it's pretty harsh Woakes can't get in the team

harsh on any of them

mind you it's pretty harsh Woakes can't get in the team

I'd forgotten about him

That's the selection I'd make. Different Woakes for different Foakes. 

Sorry,

Settled in to listen to TMS on the way home from work last night, and then remembered that it wasn't on for this tour.

Load of b******s innit.

Settled in to listen to TMS on the way home from work last night, and then remembered that it wasn't on for this tour.

Load of b******s innit.

Yeah, it's s***e. 

Talksport have it?

Yeah, it's s****. 

Talksport have it?

They do

I was pleasantly impressed with their coverage of the SL tour - only caught a little of yesterday & it was when Gough was on - not my favourite

not overrun with adverts which was a worry

this

thats what I meant also.

England are essentially, becoming like Lancashire, but with the bowlers not batters, 2 full time bowlers in Rashid, 3 lads who do a bit of both.

Be f***ed if Anderson picked up a mid game injury like

Tell Bairstow to get his head around opening and he could do it. Can't continue with this endless stream of no hopers. Sri Lanka tour can almost be discounted as they are f***ing rubbish.

Tell Bairstow to get his head around opening and he could do it. Can't continue with this endless stream of no hopers. Sri Lanka tour can almost be discounted as they are f***ing rubbish.

Well Jennings is good against spin. But seam bowling.....