By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The cricket

Cobs

14 minutes ago, Cobs said:

he's averaging 42 from his 8 ODI innings, whilst out of nick

you don't drop a proven, World Class opener 2 months before the World cup starts

would you expect India to drop Kohli ? 

But its a T20 tournament where he is averaging 18. If Kohli was out of form its an option given the players India have lined up now. 

I hope Roy gets back in form, the team is looking fairly poor at present and could do with his runs.  He's got The Hundred and then the 7 matches in Pakistan so plenty of opportunity is available. 

7 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

But its a T20 tournament where he is averaging 18. If Kohli was out of form its an option given the players India have lined up now. 

I hope Roy gets back in form, the team is looking fairly poor at present and could do with his runs.  He's got The Hundred and then the 7 matches in Pakistan so plenty of opportunity is available. 

They way Roy plays his T20/ODI is interchangeable  - things arent quite coming off for him but it's not miles away - and i know he's got the 100 and Pakistan to come - which is why dropping him now would be nuts.

and Kohli's averaging 22 in ODI and 20 in T20 this year and India wont drop him 2 months out from a WC despite the plethora of talent they have because he's World Class.

1 hour ago, charlie clown said:

Only insofar as it's a really bad plan if it involves The Hundred in the first place.

Used to love watching the Tests during the summer holiday.

The only benefit of The Hundred is if it is just a vehicle to move to a slimmed down First Class set-up which produces more meaningful and higher quality matches and players but I can't see it.

In itself it is utter w*** and does nothing that T20 doesn't do already.

21 hours ago, kop205 said:

Used to love watching the Tests during the summer holiday.

The only benefit of The Hundred is if it is just a vehicle to move to a slimmed down First Class set-up which produces more meaningful and higher quality matches and players but I can't see it.

In itself it is utter w*** and does nothing that T20 doesn't do already.

The only noticeable benefit* I can see so far is that it has given the women's game a higher profile and more parity with the men's game. Bu they could just as easily have achieved that by rejigging the T20 comps.

* Edit - that plus it has got live cricket back on terrestrial TV (if that's the right word for it these days).

Edited by charlie clown