52 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Was reading that Greene King Brewery have started looking at making payments in relation to the actions of their founders - both slave and plantation owners.

A topic for another thread really but I have a number of friends who used to work for GK and some of their current modern day practices are appalling - dreadful company and regularly top surveys of worst companies to work for. 

Annoyingly they own pretty much every pub in London 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you’re being harsh on Dawn Butler here Bostonian. @stressederic made a good point about how Butler’s experience and the type of thing you are talking about is linked. Over the recent period Bu

Martin Luther King predicts Kier Starmer: First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclu

Ha ha. I’m also an excellent driver, have you considered that?

Just now, Tommok said:

A topic for another thread really but I have a number of friends who used to work for GK and some of their current modern day practices are appalling - dreadful company and regularly top surveys of worst companies to work for. 

Annoyingly they own pretty much every pub in London 

I hate their pubs and their s*** beer, annoyingly they have the pouring rights at Trent Bridge too.

22 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I’d love to know what single physical gesture of emancipation he would like to see black people make. 

Bow out of the room backwards expressing gratitude

56 minutes ago, smithdown said:

I do think raab believed what he said though, and still does - it’s perfect in its stupid superiority and allows him to be exactly where he wants to be

Yeah, you wouldn't expect him/them to say anything like that if it doesn't fit in with their system of beliefs. Still a cynical ploy, as it would be if they decided to keep schtum about such views if there was any political capital to be made out of it.

3 hours ago, Redray said:

This is why we are seeing the unashamed gaslighting from the Tories.  They have cornered the market.  Racists can only really vote for them now and are happy to. All this s*** from Raab is not accidental. Neither were the books behind Gove etc. They are consolidating their support. Chucking in positive reinforcement and aligning people behind them.  There is plenty of support out there for them.  With the notable exception of the States, we are most racist country in the world.  The Great Britain effect.

What were the books behind Gove - think I missed that

6 hours ago, sammy & a said:

I’d love to know what single physical gesture of emancipation he would like to see black people make. 

Riding a pretend horse, holding the reins.

What exactly is the supposed link between the oranges/lolly ice and the attacks? I mean, presumably the people who are so enraged have at least tried to invent some justification?

10 minutes ago, kop205 said:

What exactly is the supposed link between the oranges/lolly ice and the attacks? I mean, presumably the people who are so enraged have at least tried to invent some justification?

The fact that there were three

I hope Salah doesn't score a hat trick today for his sake 

Yeah seemingly nothing other than she had 3 oranges by her name, and there were 3 people killed, and she was also in a park and 3 people were killed in a park. 

It's absolutely bizarre to have made any sort of link and there would not have been any such "outrage" if the picture had been of a white person. 

Racists are just waiting for any chance they can get for outpouring their hatred and often seemingly fabricate contentious scenarios out of nothing in order to do so. 

Edited by Tommok
29 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Libya apparently makes oranges

7 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Yeah seemingly nothing other than she had 3 oranges by her name, and there were 3 people killed, and she was also in a park and 3 people were killed in a park. 

It's absolutely bizarre to have made any sort of link and there would not have been any such "outrage" if the picture had been of a white person. 

Racists are just waiting for any chance they can get for outpouring their hatred and often seemingly fabricate contentious scenarios out of nothing in order to do so. 

I read through the replies to her this morning and sincerely wished I hadn't. Some people are utterly brainwashed, frothing about BLM/Antifa/darkies/Muslims it's like they're going to some sicko bingo.

5 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Right.

People are f***ed up, like. Didn't she also post it about an hour and a half before the attacks?

That can only mean she was in on it and knew about it beforehand. Is the logic these people would use, I guess.