Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Racism today

this case in Georgia - of the black guy running (he was a runner opposed to running from something) and was shot. One of the guys had a 357b Magnum - you get shot with that and you are not surviving. 2 DAs passed at the opportunity to arrest the men who did it. In a country with a poor record of racism, and a racist president, this is one of the most shocking of recent times

Sure you all know the story

Its f***ing sick. When trump refuses to leave the White House he will incite these white supremacist militia types even further.  

2 hours ago, Redray said:

Are you BAME Sammy? Guessing so.  Also not asking you how old you are but had so many mates with horror stories during the stop and search era.  Really shocking 

Since 1982.

Both answered in one hit.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Its f***ing sick. When trump refuses to leave the White House he will incite these white supremacist militia types even further.  

Started already. 

6 hours ago, Hassony said:

I hope this doesn’t end with this kid topping himself or something. The blowback judging by the initial responses is going to be fierce for a boy who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

1 hour ago, sammy & a said:

I hope this doesn’t end with this kid topping himself or something. The blowback judging by the initial responses is going to be fierce for a boy who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

His comments are awful but people would be better asking the Prime Minister (who is probably wondering where Wright's 'watermelon smile' has gone) or even just their nearest Tory MP for their opinion on it when this sort of stuff happens, given that the tacit encouragement they and their policies give to these people.

(I know the kid is Irish in this case, so direct them to whatever c*** politicians over there play that role).

Some bloke whose Twitter handle is the same as that kid’s Instagram handle is now getting loads of abuse,  even though it has nothing to do with him.

Ian Wright was absolutely within his rights to post what he did, but the mob response is as blunt and useless as ever.

Edited by Kvarme Ate My Food

2 hours ago, sammy & a said:

I hope this doesn’t end with this kid topping himself or something. 

Wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world tbh

6 hours ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Some bloke whose Twitter handle is the same as that kid’s Instagram handle is now getting loads of abuse,  even though it has nothing to do with him.

Ian Wright was absolutely within his rights to post what he did, but the mob response is as blunt and useless as ever.

I would say 'people are stupid' but it's not that; it's a social media phenomenon - everyone thinks they have a voice, now everyone is in a mad rush to be the first to be seen to be taking action, or the most outraged, so rational thought goes out the window.

There are probably 10,000 Patrick O'Briens in Ireland

I rarely watch Corrie these days but it was on and it suddenly got my attention. A massive social statement on racism and homophobia for practically the entire half an hour. Apparently Eastenders are doing more and more of this too, and amongst the generally rubbish story lines it's highly refreshing.

A big speech from an old black guy who'd been abused for weeks by a racist employer, really gave it to him in front of  a packed boozer, whilst in the background his pro footballer son (Poor casting, he's fatter than Vic, me and Molby on a night out) who's just packed it in because of the abuse he took on social media for coming out as gay, watches on.

23 minutes ago, Murphman said:

Apparently Eastenders are doing more and more of this too, and amongst the generally rubbish story lines it's highly refreshing.

A big speech from an old black guy who'd been abused for weeks by a racist employer, really gave it to him in front of  a packed boozer, whilst in the background his pro footballer son (Poor casting, he's fatter than Vic, me and Molby on a night out) who's just packed it in because of the abuse he took on social media for coming out as gay, watches on.

The Brewster’s Millions approach to soap writing.

“You have to fit in all the marginalised in one storyline or you’ll lose them. Go!“

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, sammy & a said:

The Brewster’s Millions approach to soap writing.

“You have to fit in all the marginalised in one storyline or you’ll lose them. Go!“

Well if they did it every week people might get bored. And if you're not one of those guilty of the 'crime' you might wonder why they're banging on. So much as I get bored with soaps they can be a valuable tool, ultimately last night's Corrie might make a lot of people think on, if you haven't seen it you won't know what I'm talking about, but in summary, it was dead good.