By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Racism today

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

13 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

"But the board and people right across the FA should mirror the England team – which is diverse. Throughout every age group England’s teams are a mixture of different races and that should be mirrored.”

Not exactly 'today' but.......

I knew a bit about Eric Clapton's reputation but hadn't actually read the transcript of his on-stage Birmingham rant before.

You can find it here;

https://www.insidehook.com/article/music/eric-clapton-racism

I came across this on Bob Stanley's Twitter feed and wasn't aware of this either from Rod Stewart;

Q-"What do you think of the political situation in this country?" A-"I think Enoch is the man. I'm all for him. This country is overcrowded. The immigrants should be sent home. That's it".

They were all at it, weren't they?

• Like 2

Re the Sainsbury's advert it doesn't seem to be on very often does it? Or maybe I just have kept missing it.

I actually feared they'd pulled it but I did see it on a special ad break on channel 4 last night.

They also have another Christmas one with only white people in I hope that wasn't in response to the complaints about the other one.

Regardless of the above the response to the original advert by so many people is utterly depressing.

Edited by Tommok

7 hours ago, pipnasty said:

Not exactly 'today' but.......

I knew a bit about Eric Clapton's reputation but hadn't actually read the transcript of his on-stage Birmingham rant before.

You can find it here;

https://www.insidehook.com/article/music/eric-clapton-racism

I came across this on Bob Stanley's Twitter feed and wasn't aware of this either from Rod Stewart;

Q-"What do you think of the political situation in this country?" A-"I think Enoch is the man. I'm all for him. This country is overcrowded. The immigrants should be sent home. That's it".

They were all at it, weren't they?

Clapton used to call Hendrix a 'Spade' as well, he's just a horrific person.

• Like 1

A lot of people haven't a clue about what Clapton was/is like. Probably people in their 30s and younger tbf. My mate texted me a few months ago about a Clapton show on BBC, and I sent him an article about the racism. He hadn't a clue before that and I think he's a fan of his music. 

13 minutes ago, guernseygareth said:

Always like the tale that when Clapton played Davina McCall the song about his little lad dying she gave him a blowjob in appreciation. Two horrible sorts and an awful song summed up.

Hahaha. How do you know that happened? Is it common knowledge for Clapton fans?

And why did he play Davina McCall a song? Just in her flat?

Edited by PaulMcC186

On 28/11/2020 at 15:20, Tommok said:

Re the Sainsbury's advert it doesn't seem to be on very often does it? Or maybe I just have kept missing it.

I actually feared they'd pulled it but I did see it on a special ad break on channel 4 last night.

They also have another Christmas one with only white people in I hope that wasn't in response to the complaints about the other one.

Regardless of the above the response to the original advert by so many people is utterly depressing.

Thought this was pretty good on calling it out. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08zl6r0

26 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

It was probably at the end of one of his sober new years eve parties. 

That's the reaction he's wanted ever since writing that song.

I think a blowjob is the reaction a lot of songwriters want 

22 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

He's got a Frankenstein forehead. 

58 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Never knew this about Clapton (the racism, not Davina's blow job)

feel guilty for liking some of his songs now

its ok, you are an enabler of racism and white power. I think you should call everyone you know and apologise

• Like 1