By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart

New York Red

He said he's making the film in the middle east, although not sure that they are filming in Iran given the subject matter. It was a guy who took part in a filmed report they did during the last Iranian 'elections' who was later arrested because the state said the reporter he was talking to was a spy.

I don't know if they have said where he's filming aside from the middle east., but it's based on a segment they did in 2009 where Jason Jones went to IRan

Details here, and John's sendoff show too.

http://www.slashfilm.com/votd-jon-stewarts-daily-show-sendoff-details-his-upcoming-movie-rosewater/

on youtube for people who can't see it from wherever they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UM_mMAC0E4

He ended up OK. He looked nervous as hell at the start mind. I'm sure he'll find his feet.

Does this mean you came on here and posted it was bad before you'd even watched the whole show?

It's the general forum equivalent to slagging the team off at half time in the match thread.

Yup that's correct drdoom, either that or changing ones opinion when someone else says I liked it.

I think he did quite well, the 2nd segment was very good where the others took the piss out of him.

And then Colbert also mentioned it to, guess they are filming in Jordan.

Does this mean you came on here and posted it was bad before you'd even watched the whole show?

It's the general forum equivalent to slagging the team off at half time in the match thread.

And where did I say "bad" or where did I slag him off. I commented on what I had seen to that point.

Stop trying so hard. Life's too short.

I've now seen it.

He was nervous, understandably so.

The Seth Rogan interview wasn't great but I thought the rest of the show was fine.

some of the interviews jon stewart does can be rubbish too in fairness. you can always tell when he's got someone on he either likes or wants to get stuck into.

some of the interviews jon stewart does can be rubbish too in fairness. you can always tell when he's got someone on he either likes or wants to get stuck into.

Jon is a totally equal opportunity interviewer though. I love that he had Rumsfeld and John Bolton on. You never get the equivalent on any other channel.

His one with Chris Matthews was brutal.

I've now seen it.

He was nervous, understandably so.

The Seth Rogan interview wasn't great but I thought the rest of the show was fine.

i've now watched monday's and thought he was pretty good all told. he's replacing the irreplaceable really and did a nice mix of daily show and the bugle. tuesday's should be good with english him and scottish italian armando iannucci on there.

I tend to switch the programme off once the interviews start. I've never found any of them that funny or interesting. Even the people I might be interested in, Stewart seems to be a bit desperate to keep the laughs up and you can feel it.

I love the first 2/3 of the show, though.

I tend to switch the programme off once the interviews start. I've never found any of them that funny or interesting. Even the people I might be interested in, Stewart seems to be a bit desperate to keep the laughs up and you can feel it.

I love the first 2/3 of the show, though.

if it's someone plugging something, actors, musicians whatever, i often tune out. but if it's a politician - democrat or republican - or someone from the right of the media then they're always worth watching as he doesn't try to be funny, he just wants to dig into them. and he's good at it i think.

there are others too - the interviews with bassem youssef for example were f***ing brilliant tv.

if it's someone plugging something, actors, musicians whatever, i often tune out. but if it's a politician - democrat or republican - or someone from the right of the media then they're always worth watching as he doesn't try to be funny, he just wants to dig into them. and he's good at it i think.

there are others too - the interviews with bassem youssef for example were f***ing brilliant tv.

I'm the same. I like the politicians and authors a lot. I think he does well with them. Actors who are pimping their new movie don't interest me at all.

The Daily Show's alright. It's not all that. Stewart's a good guy, like.

He is in real life supposedly too. A totally decent guy. I know people who've chatted with him in Sag Harbor where his missus has a restaurant and he's totally cool.

I've shaken his hand.

John Stewart that is.

Who is he? Some Scotch bloke?