By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

America's NSA PRISM Program.

Stanley Leisure

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual proof of it is totally new, this is the biggest story in 20 years.

Those claiming this was happening for a long time were dismissed as "paranoid conspiracy theorists".

We're cool with this though, yeah? "Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" and all that.

Those claiming this was happening for a long time were dismissed as "paranoid conspiracy theorists".

We're cool with this though, yeah? "Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" and all that.

How do you think mobile phone evidence has been used in criminal cases for 20 years? Same for issues of 'national defence'. They're not interested in my baby photos fwiw, but perhaps naively I don't think this is surprising to many?

How do you think mobile phone evidence has been used in criminal cases for 20 years? Same for issues of 'national defence'. They're not interested in my baby photos fwiw, but perhaps naively I don't think this is surprising to many?

The clanger is the routine harvesting of everything rather than a specific request to a specific incident or threat. The bigger question is how far people are willing to compromise their freedom and privacy for security, and further how much they trust the state to use the data responsibly.

The clanger is the routine harvesting of everything rather than a specific request to a specific incident or threat. The bigger question is how far people are willing to compromise their freedom and privacy for security, and further how much they trust the state to use the data responsibly.

You think this work is done reactively?

The clanger is the routine harvesting of everything rather than a specific request to a specific incident or threat.

How much time must this waste? There are cubicle farms full of Cambridge graduates reading MSN chat transcripts where someone's said "he looks like Osama Bin Laden LOLZ"

Edited by cymrococh

How much time must this waste? There are cubicle farms full of Cambridge graduates reading MSN chat transcripts where someone's said "he looks like Osama Bin Laden LOLZ"

Hehe. Big Data, baby. Its basically where the term comes from. It's done by software obvs.

They still are. Have 100 conspiracy theories and one of them turns out to be in some way true, however un-shocking, doesn't prove the other 99 true.

And it isn't the biggest story in 20 years, disappointing yet unsurprising as it is.

You think this work is done reactively?

Always assumed so, this actually shows they went to court and obtained an order to get this info, and recent issues came to light regarding the AP etc where their department of justice went to court in secret and got full phone records to investigate a leak, reactively.

There is that, read they've just opened a $2bn facility near Salt Lake City that is thought to be for the purpose of storing f***loads of data

Always assumed so, this actually shows they went to court and obtained an order to get this info, and recent issues came to light regarding the AP etc where their department of justice went to court in secret and got full phone records to investigate a leak, reactively.

There is that, read they've just opened a $2bn facility near Salt Lake City that is thought to be for the purpose of storing f***loads of data

And how do you think they managed to reactively investigate the data...

And how do you think they managed to reactively investigate the data...

Your logical point is what, that even before having to pass a law and obtain court orders, these companies are secretly forced to keep data that's of no other use to them?

Unless the software is connected to a drone...

The US Govt can confirm we do no know who this victim is, but they did text their friend to say that "the bargain bin at walmart was laden with chemical brothers albums. It was da bomb."

The US Govt can confirm we do no know who this victim is, but they did text their friend to say that "the bargain bin at walmart was laden with chemical brothers albums. It was da bomb."

:)

A Catholic seminary was destroyed this morning after one priest emailed another criticising his performance in the chapel the previous evening, calling him a Weapon of Mass Transubstantiation.

Pentagon sources said 'close enough'.

I think a lot of people have been suspicious of this activity long enough that it comes as less of a shock than it could. I also think that we're not close enough to be able to interrogate that amount of data effectively enough, nor does it hurt the real bad guys that this is out in the open

I think a lot of people have been suspicious of this activity long enough that it comes as less of a shock than it could. I also think that we're not close enough to be able to interrogate that amount of data effectively enough, nor does it hurt the real bad guys that this is out in the open

And all we have to go on so far is a splash news article. I hope there will be a congressional investigation and a lot more digging around the companies involved to see what the full extent of this is.

It obviously has international ramifications too, as these comms are clearly not limited to the US.