By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Speeding

Cobs

I've got this friend and he's got a notice of intended prosection for speeding

what's the deal with a 14 day rule about date of offence and date the notice was served? Is there something to it or just an internet myth?

It's not a myth but happens very rarely. If the Notice is dated more than 14 days after the date of the offence then you can return it to the processing office stating that you reject it because it is time barred.

If you received it after 14 days but the date on the notice is under 14 days from the date of the offence then tough.

Oh, and you have to be the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Edited by sirstan

I'm pretty sure you you're friend should have been told inside 14 days. When a friend of mine got caught by a camera on the A1 he was told very promptly

Can't you he just take the speed awareness course?

It's not a myth but happens very rarely. If the Notice is dated more than 14 days after the date of the offence then you can return it to the processing office stating that you reject it because it is time barred.

If you received it after 14 days but the date on the notice is under 14 days from the date of the offence then tough.

Oh, and you have to be the registered keeper of the vehicle.

:nono:

His friend

The offence was the 8th - the notice was dated the 23rd - is that outside 14 days or do they count day 1 as the 9th?

and my friend did a speed awareness course a couple of years ago so can't do it again

there is a chance his wife may have been the driver, he'll see when the photo turns up

The offence was the 8th - the notice was dated the 23rd - is that outside 14 days or do they count day 1 as the 9th?

and my friend did a speed awareness course a couple of years ago so can't do it again

there is a chance his wife may have been the driver, he'll see when the photo turns up

I did one last year and I seem to remember him saying if I got caught again within 12 months, you wouldn't get the opportunity to do it again. I presumed that meant when the 12 months expired, you'd get the choice if caught again.

I'll take the points if there's a next time, it was agonising that course. I was only doing 34 in a 30, too.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

You won't be offered a course for 41 in a 30. Too far over.

and neither will your mate.

Edited by StevieC

10% + 2 for a ticking off, so up to 35 in a 30. Those SLOW DOWN signs don't light up unless you're over the 10% + 2.

They got me from a mobile zapper van on the way back from Latitude Festival, on a stretch of road where the limit varies every 400 yards because there's loads of little villages. I was slowing down to go into a 30 when they got me.

They are c*nts.

10% + 2 for a ticking off, so up to 35 in a 30. Those SLOW DOWN signs don't light up unless you're over the 10% + 2.

that 10% stuff is utter balls btw.

they can do you if youre doing 32 or 33 in a 30 zone if they wish.

They got me from a mobile zapper van on the way back from Latitude Festival, on a stretch of road where the limit varies every 400 yards because there's loads of little villages. I was slowing down to go into a 30 when they got me.

They are c*nts.

so had you passed the 30 sign and were still slowing down?

you shouldve been at 30.

time...crime and all that.