By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Best UK Site For Flights to the USA

Nebraska Red

I don't think there's a huge amount of variance these days - the sites all access the same databases so have the same flights and prices, so if just comes down to the formats.

I use Expedia (for flights back to the UK - but also used it to find a flight for my mum when she came out here a couple years ago). Yapta is also a good one in that it tracks prices and will help get you refunds if you book for a certain price and then the price falls.

We are arranging flights for family members to come over later in the year.

I have used ebookers in the past, any suggestions for other sites worth trying?

I use StudentUniverse. It usually finds me good deals for both students and otherwise. You'll have plenty of airlines to choose from if you're bringing them over from the UK and will find a good deal.

I also use Bing travel for reference. Since there'll be local transfers involved if they're flying into Nebraska, you can use its fare predictor (pretty reliable from past personal experience) to judge the best time to buy domestic tickets and compare whether you should be buying separate tickets for domestic flights or just club it in with the international.

Do try a couple of travel agents as sometimes they have better prices than the ones you find online. That is what I did when I travelled to the USA using Virgin via Heathrow last December and the price was some 500 Stg cheaper for the whole family (we departed from Malta, so part of the savings were on the Malta to/from UK sectors).

There's not much between most flight search engines, and not one definitive cheapest one. All get their own deals on occasion, and they don't all search for every airline and fare type, no matter what they might say.

The closest you'll get to blanket coverage would be at skyscanner.net . Compare that with either travelsupermarket or opodo, the latter occasionally might have something different, though more and more unlikely these days.

Then, ask a travel agent if they've got anything better, perhaps on an Inclusive Tour fare if you're also thinking of booking land arrangements, even just car hire. IT fare's can be cheaper on occasion, and none of the search engines have access to them. Actually, if they're flying to Nebraska you can probably scratch the IT fare suggestion, unlikely to apply.

Skyscanner compares the prices on all the sites.

It's the best of the search engines, but still doesn't capture all fares.

Skyscanner is very useful, have also used TrailFinders a couple of times in the UK and had very good service from them.

Trailfinders are generally over priced. Good service though, and a decent option for long haul travel with hotels etc, where you might want some hand holding.

thanks for the help gentlemen. :)

the hardest part is matching flights to layovers, too many of the connections only leave about 90 minutes between flights into the USA gateway city, and the 2 visitors are elderly and in wheelchairs.

Edited by Nebraska Red

thanks for the help gentlemen. :)

the hardest part is matching flights to layovers, too many of the connections only leave about 90 minutes between flights into the USA gateway city, and the 2 visitors are elderly and in wheelchairs.

Yeah, connections are a pain at the best of times. On sites like Kayak, you can search for non-stop flights. But if you do have to go the connection way, again, these search engines should give you choices of times, so you can avoid the tighter connections.

It's a particular pain the backside flying into the US, as if you are connecting, you have to pick up your bags and drop them off again.