By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What are you listening to right now

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Yeah, I just noticed they put an album out last year!

Suppose they must have enough of an ageing fanbase to keep going.

Toured with Skindred supporting too. They seem to have hung around long enough to catch the nostalgia crowd while picking up the odd youngster. They're not at the heights of the mid-90s, but they're getting by.

In other news, I've just started listening to the new Strokes album. Didn't they used to be good?

Presumably that's where the money is now that people aren't buying records any more.

It's the U2 model isn't it?

Yeah probably. Although U2 have done a few good ballads, i think.

Bon Jovi do it too, I've noticed. First single off album is always some MOR rocky number, then it's pure ballads all the way.

Dreadful band. And they've gone all Snow Patrol/Kings of Leon, with every sing seemingly designed to be a lighter-waving stadium ballad.

Overheard a hairdresser talking about a Killers gig she went to and she said "they were really well behaved" as if it was a good thing. She was in her twenties.

Edited by cymrococh

Overheard a hairdresser talking about a Killers gig she went to and she said "they were really well behaved" as if it was a good thing. She was in her twenties.

Presumably means they played quietly enough to allow her to carry on chatting with her mates

Haha! Brilliant!

My wife says there's a woman in her office - in her 40s - who was talking about about Mumford and Sons playing in Belfast recently and predicting it would be amazing.

Her mate turned around and said "well, you know your stuff about music so if you say it's going to be great, then I'm sure it will".

Bless.

Haha! Brilliant!

My wife says there's a woman in her office - in her 40s - who was talking about about Mumford and Sons playing in Belfast recently and predicting it would be amazing.

Her mate turned around and said "well, you know your stuff about music so if you say it's going to be great, then I'm sure it will".

Bless.

:cold:

Although....Mumford & Sons do sing the word 'f***' in a song, so they must be a bit edgy

Haha! Brilliant!

Bless.

It was a fantastic show to be fair.