Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

What are you listening to right now

Cheers Dan, if it was also you told me to check out the Gilles Peterson stuff earlier when Mala in Cuba was released I owe you a thanks for that as well :)

Cheers Dan, if it was also you told me to check out the Gilles Peterson stuff earlier when Mala in Cuba was released I owe you a thanks for that as well :)

I think it was! I've got a bit of a thing for Gilles :D

An incredible record.

Just inspired me to listen to Black Christ of the Andes by Mary Lou Williams, another of my favourite jazz albums.

which in turn has just inspired me to buy it

this is going so much better than Macca's usual threads like

which in turn has just inspired me to buy it

this is going so much better than Macca's usual threads like

Hope you like it! There's lots of choral stuff on it that I think some people find hard to take.

It's in a similar vein to Duke Ellington's Concert of Scared Music, which is also great.

Edited by £440,000

Bitches Brew Live which arrived today. I'm as yet undecided on the Live in Europe Bootleg series volume 2 from Davis as it's a bit all over the place and nowhere near as coherent a record as Volume 1 which contains his best bad tbf. This is largely the same people and it's really very good indeed helped by being based on a cracking album

I'm going to listen to Automatic for The People in the car on the way home from work in an hour. Maybe a bit too cold and grey for that type of music, but I fancy hearing it again.

Somebody in my office telling somebody else that they've had an itchy a*** all day. Just what I want to hear on a Friday afternoon.

Reverend And The Makers, Silence Is Talking. Absolutely blew the roof off the joint at Sound City NYC.

Beulah...The Coast is Never Clear album. Current track is "A good man is hard to kill"

Great album, been a while since I put it on. Might just do that right now!