By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What are you listening to right now

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

5 years since this fantastic music man died (two days ago).

This is the most incredible thing I've heard. The purple one walks between smooth soul and Jimi Hendrix, and you can really get a feel for how he grabs the audience by the neck and drags them up and down like a yo-yo.

Edited by Beardsley

40 minutes ago, Beardsley said:

5 years since this fantastic music man died (two days ago).

This is the most incredible thing I've heard. The purple one walks between smooth soul and Jimi Hendrix, and you can really get a feel for how he grabs the audience by the neck and drags them up and down like a yo-yo.

That's very good. He is rated by quite a few musicians as the best guitarist ever from things I've read, he is definitely up there.

7 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

That's very good. He is rated by quite a few musicians as the best guitarist ever from things I've read, he is definitely up there.

The man used to breath music. He was probably a huge nerd, with music as his absolute focus. And yes, he really could get that guitar to cry. I've been to a few concerts with him and I was always stunned at how different the concerts were. The absolute best one was when he focused on being a guitar player. You have probably seen it, but the video where he does the guitar solo for the While my guitar gently weeps is just fantastic.

Edited by Beardsley
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Stewart Lees fim on them is brilliant. 

..heard him on a podcast talking about it and it sounded intriguing, not knowing anything about them at all put me off a bit though. I will however, on the recommendation herewith, check the mofo out.

• Like 1