By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Best New Order song?

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed - Temptation every time for me. Ceremony is a close second.

Blue Monday I have always consider to be a brilliant piece of music with a pretty ordinary song lurking within in it. Dull lyrics and a lumpen melody. It is all about the production, the playing, the package, not the song.

P.S. I think the general standard of the song-writing improved as they matured but the music was never quite so captiviating. So the Technique album probably gets the balance about perfect in terms of still pushing the right buttons in musical terms whilst having a higher than usual standard of song-writing, but the early stuff is where they were properly exciting.

Edited by charlie clown

Blue Monday was the first "indie" record I ever bought. Which was only 30 years ago now...christ.

It's weird like I'll youtube stuff that people post here and think that it's alright, like I don't have the same reference for it but wonder how they passed me by at the time.

Blue Monday was the first "indie" record I ever bought. Which was only 30 years ago now...christ.

Got it bought for me for Christmas, same here really. I still have the same one, still play it.

Always adored New Order. Them and the Bunnymen were my bands through my teens.

It's weird like I'll youtube stuff that people post here and think that it's alright, like I don't have the same reference for it but wonder how they passed me by at the time.

Used to buy the 12" singles but whenever it came to an album I couldn't handle them at all. His voice sucks any drama out of it for me after a couple of tunes and just wanted him to properly try.

Used to buy the 12" singles but whenever it came to an album I couldn't handle them at all. His voice sucks any drama out of it for me after a couple of tunes and just wanted him to properly try.

That may be it, I tend to find I have no time for that other forum favourite LCD SS for a similar reason