Sign in to follow this  
David Hodgson

Big squad overhaul likely this summer ?

"@OliverKayTimes: Brendan Rodgers expects deals for Ilori, Sakho and Moses to be confirmed tomorrow. More beyond those 3? "Wouldn't have thought so" #lfc"

Shame that as i still think we are at least one more player of real quality away from where we should be

Our bench looks fairly weak in attacking areas

Borini to Sunderland on loan?

Matteo Bonetti ‏@TheMilanGuy 10m

Sunderland have taken Fabio Borini on a loan. Not a permanent signing.

Matteo Bonetti ‏@TheMilanGuy 16m

Sunderland have signed Liverpool striker Fabio Borini.

Shame that as i still think we are at least one more player of real quality away from where we should be

Agree.

Suarez and Moses have yet to be added to that "bench"

I was surprised he wasn't on the bench today as we had no direct swap for Sturridge who was not fully fit going into the match today. Don't want us to go into the season with only 2 recognised strikers. Even someone on loan would do as I only see Borini getting any worthwhile time on the pitch should one of Sturridge or Suarez get injured/suspended.

Suarez and Moses have yet to be added to that "bench"

Suarez starts. Moses replaces Ibe and Aspas drops down probably to replace Alberto or Sterling.

i don't think there is masses of quality there. A lot of potential though.

I think we are one quality signing away from really kicking on

Not sure why we would loan Borini out. We're not exactly overstocked upfront, just need to look at today's bench

Edited by Sion

Not sure why we would loan Borini out. We're not exactly overstocked upfront, just need to look at today's bench

Agreed. That's a weird move.

Borini is Sunderland

Milan, September 1, 2013

The English club coached by Di Canio is increasingly Italian completes acquisition of the attacker on loan from Liverpool

The Sunderland is more Italian. At this time Di Canio took Borini on loan from Liverpool: the same attacker to ask for the sale, feeling closed from attack by the Reds.

http://www.gazzetta.it/

Borini needs to play every game this season if he's going to kick on and improve to the level we need him to be at. Loan move makes perfect sense, next summer we know if he's worth keeping or time to sell.

Borini needs to play every game this season if he's going to kick on and improve to the level we need him to be at. Loan move makes perfect sense, next summer we know if he's worth keeping or time to sell.

Quite. Really needs to play.

Today's match was proof that bringing in Moses won't be simply enough.

If I was Brendan, I'd bring in another attacker, keep hold of Ibe (bench option) and send Sterling out on loan to develop.

Edited by RafaShanks

Today's match was proof that bringing in Moses won't be simply enough.

If I was Brendan, I'd bring in another attacker, keep hold of Ibe (bench option) and send Sterling out on loan to develop.

We have the best forward in the world to return and Moses is handy and been around. Swapping Luis for Moses would have helped.

Surely everyone wants to come to top of the table Liverpool! I'll come to the Croc if we sign Mata - obviously not going to happen, but we're going to need to be lucky with Moses and injuries if we're going to challenge for fourth, imo. Perhaps a chance that loaning Borini means someone else coming in. But can we keep a secret?

Surely everyone wants to come to top of the table Liverpool! I'll come to the Croc if we sign Mata - obviously not going to happen, but we're going to need to be lucky with Moses and injuries if we're going to challenge for fourth, imo. Perhaps a chance that loaning Borini means someone else coming in. But can we keep a secret?

Another forward in would be lovely. Personally I'm relieved by the signings at the back. All of a sudden we look to have loads of cover at the back so if nothing else happens I'll be happy enough as I thought we wouldn't get anyone. Maybe a big xmas purchase if we look strong in the league to kick us on.