By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Big squad overhaul likely this summer ?

David Hodgson

under rated then? viewed by many the same way as Sturridge and Coutinho were in January and Toure was a couple of months ago.

There is definitely potential there, shame we haven't agreed a full fee should we want to make it permanent in the summer but I think he would need to have a f***ing outstanding season to be in a position to challenge those ahead of him at Chelsea and of course they will spend big next summer if Willian doesn't measure up at the moment, either way I reckon he is done at Chelsea and will be sold next summer, hopefully he carries on the Europa League form for us.

Edit if he is good for us we have the entire season to be in his ear about a permanent move.

Edited by DPD1973

• Replies 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moses - meh.

Good sometimes, rarely great. OK for the squad. Not ideal as our main attacking signing.

he'll do for now. get to January in the mix and we should be able to strengthen then. If we get Sakho, ilori and Moses, and a proper back up keeper in, i think we will be in good shape to keep in the mix certainly for top 4 til the turn of the year, then see where we desperately need to strengthen and sign 1 top lass player for that position

under rated then? viewed by many the same way as Sturridge and Coutinho were in January and Toure was a couple of months ago.

Don't think he's on that level.

Coutinho was viewed as the future of Inter Milan, and had a cracking spell at Espanyol, and Sturridge was one of the most highly rated youngsters in England (not saying much I know), but had also been in the team of the tournament of the U21s in 2011. He'd also had a brilliant spell at Bolton.

Moses has always just looked alright to me. Hopefully he's better than that.

Agreed.

On the one hand, he has all the tools that we need. Big, strong, power, pace. But his stats are shocking.

He is only 22 though.

Hmm.. he's not that big, 5'10" and he's quite strong. Fair amount of pace.

He's just 'quite' all of the things you mentioned there.

Quite a good player.

Edited by Clay Davis

he'll do for now. get to January in the mix and we should be able to strengthen then. If we get Sakho, ilori and Moses, and a proper back up keeper in, i think we will be in good shape to keep in the mix certainly for top 4 til the turn of the year, then see where we desperately need to strengthen and sign 1 top lass player for that position

While I agree, it's annoying having to rely on January every year.

But we've not been able to find the right player at the right place, i'm sure not through want of trying.

(Though Ayre can still get in the bin).

Wisdom getting linked with a loan move to West Brom and Wigan.

Apparently we prefer West Brom, but Wigan are offering him more playing time.

Pointless sending him to a Premier League side, need to send him to a top Championship side so he can play every game.

Boring linked to Sunderland. Wouldn't want one of ours managed by Di Canio

http://mirr.im/17bdxEH

He has no future here, If we can get close to what we'd paid for him i'd ship him out.

Pointless sending him to a Premier League side, need to send him to a top Championship side so he can play every game.

He has no future here, If we can get close to what we'd paid for him i'd ship him out.

Borini would be no great loss, but would leave us short of options up front (if needed)

I had hoped for another attacker with Moses but I doubt that anyone else is incoming, still with the signings of Ilori and Sakho we're sorted at the back.

Edited by Hus

While I agree, it's annoying having to rely on January every year.

But we've not been able to find the right player at the right place, i'm sure not through want of trying.

(Though Ayre can still get in the bin).

Should have. Spent the entire summer spending big signings. Should have signed one.

There's no cartwheels here. We've finished the window by getting the job two thirds done. We needed a new Lamela/Willian level forward and should've got him. That signing would've given us the strength to feel we could achieve anything. I'm hoping we've fluked it with Moses and that , like Sturrdidge, he's a bomb waiting to go off.

Could I be greedy and say job well done, but please get a back-up DM in...Barry on loan or whatever

Excellent shout ... let's take advantage of our outcast status while we can and get loans from the FFP (Financial Foul Play) big boys

----------------------------------------------

Man City outcast Barry ready to take pay cut to ensure Everton loan goes through

By Chris Wheeler

PUBLISHED: 21:00 GMT, 30 August 2013 | UPDATED: 21:00 GMT, 30 August 2013

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry hopes to open talks with Everton this weekend ahead of a season-long loan to Goodison Park. Barry, 32, is ready to take a drop in salary to make the move happen.

Agreed.

On the one hand, he has all the tools that we need. Big, strong, power, pace. But his stats are shocking.

He is only 22 though.

Hmm.. he's not that big, 5'10" and he's quite strong. Fair amount of pace.

He's just 'quite' all of the things you mentioned there.

Quite a good player.

People talk about his pace but I didn't see anything special from him in that regard. Disciplined and tenacious are the two words I would use to describe Moses' style of play.

Excellent shout ... let's take advantage of our outcast status while we can and get loans from the FFP (Financial Foul Play) big boys

----------------------------------------------

Man City outcast Barry ready to take pay cut to ensure Everton loan goes through

By Chris Wheeler

PUBLISHED: 21:00 GMT, 30 August 2013 | UPDATED: 21:00 GMT, 30 August 2013

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry hopes to open talks with Everton this weekend ahead of a season-long loan to Goodison Park. Barry, 32, is ready to take a drop in salary to make the move happen.

People talk about his pace but I didn't see anything special from him in that regard. Disciplined and tenacious are the two words I would use to describe Moses' style of play.

He can beat his man . He has potential still.

Any loan in should have a built in buy price.

Ideally, but I'm sure Chelsea don't want to do that. Especially after they sold Sturridge to us and he thrived, doubt they want to get their fingers burnt again.

If Moses helps us get top four then it won't be an issue, we'll thank him for what he did and can then hopefully get a better player once we can attract Champs League football.

Any loan in should have a built in buy price.

Chelsea are not stupid..... As shown by aqualiani, this really only benefits the buying club.

He has a great season...... They lose money ...... He has a bad / average he gets sent back or they get a low ball offer.

Far more in their interest to assess his market value then..

Only time this works is where it's a defered sale with guaranteed sale at the end.... Like we tried to get with Carroll but failed