By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Big squad overhaul likely this summer ?

David Hodgson

• Replies 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also seeing as we only play with two proper central midfielders I don't see why we'd need 6 players in that bracket - how would you keep them all happy? The 9 players are covering 5 positions really or else you could bracket the likes of Coutinho and Downing in with the midfielders.

I think the balance looks fine, its the categorisation that's off chewie!

Sell downing

Or someone like that nasty Brazilian lad from Atletico Madrid who plays right forward, Diego something?

He can play across the pitch but it would give the potential for this in many games

----Diego--------Suarez-----------------Coutinho---

-------------------------------Sturridge----------------------

And then i think we'd have to play matches inside the LHC.

He was really good for us when he arrived. Then he got injured. Never really recovered, got the dog days of Houllier to deal with as well. But was then splendid in Benitez's second season.

EDIT: On Costa - http://mixedknuts.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/cristian-tello-and-four-more-transfer-targets-from-spain-you-need-to-know/

Kewell, up until about Christmas of his first season, was tremendous.

He had about 8 or 10 goals already I think, he was pushing himself into the kind of bracket that Owen and Gerrard were in at the time in terms of us looking a far better team when he played.

I wouldn't say he was splendid in Benitez's second season - 3 goals from 40 games was a poor return - but as was often commented on at the time he was almost always picked when fit and generally did a very good job for the team.

Ironically given his chronic fitness problems the thing that most surprised and impressed me about him in his first season was his physicality - he was much stronger than I thought and good in the air too.

He is very much a 'What might have been' - he had all of the attributes to be an absolute superstar and I've never really got the animosity that some have towards him.

I remember Bascombe being vitriolic about him I think after Istanbul, basically saying what a disgrace it was that he was even allowed on the victory parade, presumably because he thought he had 'faked' the injury (with which he'd been playing all season and which kept him out of football for 6 months).

I don't, I think he was a very talented footballer that set new records for not being ar$ed.

Think he thought he was going to be the main man when he agreed to move, and when he found out he wasn't he basically just sacked it off.

If he ever thought that then he was an idiot.

I was in Ukraine with work not long after we bought him and everytime I mentioned him - expecting people to tell me what a great player we'd got - there were just blank expressions.

He wasn't Sean Dundee/Paul Stewart how-is-this-man-even-a-professional-footballer? s*** but he wasn't far off.

Kewell, up until about Christmas of his first season, was tremendous.

He had about 8 or 10 goals already I think, he was pushing himself into the kind of bracket that Owen and Gerrard were in at the time in terms of us looking a far better team when he played.

I wouldn't say he was splendid in Benitez's second season - 3 goals from 40 games was a poor return - but as was often commented on at the time he was almost always picked when fit and generally did a very good job for the team.

Ironically given his chronic fitness problems the thing that most surprised and impressed me about him in his first season was his physicality - he was much stronger than I thought and good in the air too.

He is very much a 'What might have been' - he had all of the attributes to be an absolute superstar and I've never really got the animosity that some have towards him.

I remember Bascombe being vitriolic about him I think after Istanbul, basically saying what a disgrace it was that he was even allowed on the victory parade, presumably because he thought he had 'faked' the injury (with which he'd been playing all season and which kept him out of football for 6 months).

It may have been Elisha Scott on here but I remember someone saying that his teammates were shocked how much strapping he had to have on to play - took him hours to get ready. It was a case of really bad timing for us, he'd been fantastic at Leeds and I was thrilled when we signed him.

I don't, I think he was a very talented footballer that set new records for not being ar$ed.

Think he thought he was going to be the main man when he agreed to move, and when he found out he wasn't he basically just sacked it off.

Is that you, Kaizer ?

It may have been Elisha Scott on here but I remember someone saying that his teammates were shocked how much strapping he had to have on to play - took him hours to get ready. It was a case of really bad timing for us, he'd been fantastic at Leeds and I was thrilled when we signed him.

That last season at Leeds when he was playing central was just brilliant. I remember a game at arsenal where he scored two crackers and was just fantastic.