By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Visiting Liverpool

Kop_on

Alright everybody!

As an Irish Red I get over to Liverpool about once a year, and am reasonably familiar with the city. However, all my previous trips have centred around the match, with lashings of drink before & after.

Myself & the Mrs. are taking a midweek trip at the end of March & I've convinced her what a great city Liverpool is, so we're all booked up.

Given my previous experience was all booze & football, has anyone any suggestions on how to spend a tues-wed-thurs merseyside?

The guidebooks say Beatles tours & climb the cathedral tower. Anyone any good suggestions?

If it's a nice day take a walk down Pier Head from the Echo Arena down towards the Three Graces. There are a load of museums and galleries down there if that's your thing. Maritime Museum/Slavery Museum at Albert Dock are interesting. The new Open Eye Gallery is cool as well.

If you've got time you could spend an afternoon/evening walking round Sefton Park/Lark Lane

Leaf on Bold Street have open mic nights on Tuesday that are usually very good.

Parr St Studios (of Anfield Wrap fame) have a jazz night on Tuesday too, not my cup of tea but if you like Jazz you'll probably think it very good.

Avoid Matthew St/Liverpool ONE area, Ropewalks area is much cooler - and includes FACT - another potential place to visit.

If the new liverpool central library is open it's a must.

For a nice romantic meal, if you're that way inclined, go to puschka.

Bold street coffee does the best coffee in liverpool.

See if there's anything on in the bombed out church.. Check urban strawberry lunch for details.

Walker art gallery is brilliant.

Contact the anfield wrap folks and meet the new celebs about town.