By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Match Fixing

dorgie

Just seen this on Twitter (article in Danish)

Marcus Christenson‏@m_christenson

Danish paper Ekstra Bladet claims the 2 CL matches under suspicion for match-fixing are Liverpool v Debrecen & Debrecen v Fiorentina in 2009

Marcus Christenson‏@m_christenson

Liverpool and Fiorentina under no suspicion for match-fixing says Ekstra Bladet. Link to piece: http://bit.ly/11Klmzu (In Danish)

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/championsleague/article1914236.ece

Edited by dorgie

The result is not necessarily the thing being fixed. As with the recent no-ball fixing scandal in cricket.

I dont follow cricket, so i dont know what that's about but yeah, it could be any number of things.

As long as nobody at LFC is implicated, so be it.

I suppose the fact that we still couldnt score 3 goals, even when the opposition keeper was meant to be letting us do so, not only highlight how shyte we were, but also probably absolves involvement on our part.

If we knew of what was going on, we'd have surely just been shooting on sight :D

I suppose the fact that we still couldnt score 3 goals, even when the opposition keeper was meant to be letting us do so, not only highlight how shyte we were, but also probably absolves involvement on our part.

If we knew of what was going on, we'd have surely just been shooting on sight :D

Yep, for once our poor finishing might have actually been useful.

Apropos of general naughtiness, I have had this daydream recently of arranging for the stadium network at Old Trafford to be hacked and uploading a pre-made video to the big screens in there to come on in the middle of the match. Obviously this would be a criminal act so it would have to be done anonymously so you could never claim the credit but imagine what fun you could have before they could bypass your hack and shut down the screen.

And then I read this, to say it's entirely possible.

http://gawker.com/5981590

Does anyone know anyone in Anonymous?

Harry Harris on the wireless, and I paraphrase:

"All these smaller teams from Hungary and these places should go in to a group to play off for one or two to go through to the CL proper so that their ability to cheat is limited"

"There's no cheating in the Premiership. The salaries they're on, there's no way anyone in the Premiership could be got at."

"Liverpool probably didn't know anything about what they planned to do. I'd say it was 99%, 99.9999% maybe 100% certain they didn't know"

Never missing a chance to be a c***.