talk about scoring

Gotta score goals

Gotta score goals

Gotta score goals

A-wont you take me to Sturridge Town

wont you take me to Sturridge Town

Sturridge's up; little Daniel Sturridge's up. Come on, baby.

Come on and stir it up: little Daniel Sturridge's up. O-oh!

It's been a long, long time, yeah!

(Sturridge, Sturridge, stir it together)

Since I got you on my mind. (oh-oh-oh-oh) Oh-oh!

Now you are here (Sturridge, Sturridge, stir it together), I said,

It's so clear

There's so much we could do, baby, (oh-oh-oh-oh)

Just me and you.

Come on and stir it up, little Danliel!

Stir it up, come on, baby!

Come on now Sturridge's up, yeah!

Little Daniel, stir it up! O-oh!

Still needs a good song. sorry

Daniel's not travelling tonight on a plane

It's his ex toothy partner heading for Spain

Oh and I can't see Daniel waving goodbye

No one scores like Daniel, now he's the main man in this side

Really underrated player, and one that thrives off everyone believing in him

That's true although inevitably we will miss Suarez's durability (I don't remember him ever missing a game through injury for Liverpool despite playing in a bruising area of the pitch) and workrate (our pressing game started with him).

I reckon he's at about 80% of where he can be. Mostly on stuff outside the box where he can improve a touch. In the box he's deadly

That's true although inevitably we will miss Suarez's durability (I don't remember him ever missing a game through injury for Liverpool despite playing in a bruising area of the pitch) and workrate (our pressing game started with him).

agree with that, but in terms of pressing and how we now line up, likely suarez workrate compensated for more by the extra player behind sturridge. injury record a concern though. we ought to be looking at someone like muller, if not muller himself, hardworking attacking midfielder/wide striker who can fill in up front if needs be.

Edited by yellow jumper

agree with that, but in terms of pressing and how we now line up, likely suarez workrate compensated for more by the extra player behind sturridge. injury record a concern though. we ought to be looking at someone like muller, if not muller himself, hardworking attacking midfielder/wide striker who can fill in up front if needs be.

It will be interesting to see how we line up next season. No doubt we will see a lot of 4-3-3 but the midfield diamond worked well in the run-in getting the best out of Henderson, Allen, Coutinho and, in particular, Sterling.

Needs a s*** song

His name is Daniel sturridge

He wears the famous red

And when he scores against you

He dances like a ted

Well he scored a goal in Rio

Or was it in manaus?

We weren't paying much attention

We're not English we're scouse

Der de de de de der der

Der de de der de der

It will be interesting to see how we line up next season. No doubt we will see a lot of 4-3-3 but the midfield diamond worked well in the run-in getting the best out of Henderson, Allen, Coutinho and, in particular, Sterling.

yeah. i wouldn't mind us persevering with the diamond. and i like the idea of both sterling or coutinho between a midfield 3 and 2 strikers. which is why i keep banging on about signing a top player who's comfortable playing as a striker, second striker or coming in off a wing, would just give us so much flexibility if we had that.

yeah. i wouldn't mind us persevering with the diamond. and i like the idea of both sterling or coutinho between a midfield 3 and 2 strikers. which is why i keep banging on about signing a top player who's comfortable playing as a striker, second striker or coming in off a wing, would just give us so much flexibility if we had that.

Getting a player who can do all three may be a tall order but getting a striker/second striker or a striker/winger may be manageable.

If you look at our results from Stoke away onwards when we first used Gerrard as the midfield anchor, the goals were spread around the team a reasonable amount. In those 18 games (of which we won 16), we scored 55 goals:

Sturridge 12

Suarez 11

Gerrard 10 (8 pens)

Sterling 6

Skrtel 5

Coutinho 3

Henderson 3

Allen 1

Agger 1

OGs 3

Getting a player who can do all three may be a tall order but getting a striker/second striker or a striker/winger may be manageable.

The diamond is a cracking formation when you have versatile players and want to be fluid in the final third

His name is Daniel sturridge

He wears the famous red

And when he scores against you

He dances like a ted

Well he scored a goal in Rio

Or was it in manaus?

We weren't paying much attention

We're not English we're scouse

Der de de de de der der

Der de de der de der

This is boss.

The diamond is a cracking formation when you have versatile players and want to be fluid in the final third

I want to be fluid in your final third.

I think we will give Sturridge every chance to be our main striker this season. I can't see us spending £40+ Million on a striker, mainly because there isn't really anyone who fits the bill, not now at least.

Surely Sturridge is a 40 Million Pound Striker

If he repeats last season again he will be

Sturridge is clearly good enough, clearly a top striker, he's not the issue, it's not about him being given more opportunity (he was the number 9). The thing is going from two top strikers and some average ones to maybe one and some good ones.