By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

YNWA forum

Molby

I've been on this forum for over 8 years

have made a bunch of friends from here too

but I'm wondering who does all the work; I'm guessing it's mostly Nathan Explosion but how much work exactly and how much money is needed to keep the site going?

well?

yours gratefully,

Molby

I'm guessing it's mostly Nathan Explosion but how much work exactly and how much money is needed to keep the site going?

I do the techie stuff - and "how much work" depends on "how much needs to be done"....at this moment in time, I'm doing f*** all cos' I've got other things going on that take precendence over this place :yes:

Vic, Sutty and Charlie Clown do some moderating.....and Macca does f*** all.

Money - feel free to email Bromage and ask him how much it cost. He's the man in charge of that.

I do the techie stuff - and "how much work" depends on "how much needs to be done"....at this moment in time, I'm doing f*** all cos' I've got other things going on that take precendence over this place :yes:/>

Vic, Sutty and Charlie Clown do some moderating.....and Macca does f*** all.

Money - feel free to email Bromage and ask him how much it cost. He's the man in charge of that.

how many hours work do you do per month, on average?

Impossible to answer, as I don't track it...zero reason to do so. If I was being paid for my time, then I would be tracking it ;)/>

ok, but let's say you had to either try to guess, or have your head cut off

presuming you guessed, what would your guess be?

2 hours per month?

5?

20?

ok, but let's say you had to either try to guess, or have your head cut off

I'm intrigued now - what is your reason for asking

Honestly...it's not something I can put time on. If I was sitting down, writing a new version of the site, then I'd be saying about 4 hours a day. But I'm not currently doing that (but will be in the future) If I was sitting down to plan the upgrade of the forum, then I'd be saying the same thing.

If the server goes down, and I have to rebuild everything and restore backups (it's happened twice previously) then I'm going to say 14-20 hours a day, for as long as is needed to put it together again.

If I'm answering support questions...maybe 10 minutes a day (mainly because there are feck all of them)

I'll let you total that up as you wish.

I'm intrigued now - what is your reason for asking?

so that I know how grateful I/we should be

if you spend a few hours per month then dozens of people like me, who have been on here for years, should be massively grateful.....to the point where we chip in and buy you a ski holiday or something

actually, you're a techie so make that snowboarding

but the point remains

so that I know how grateful I/we should be

if you spend a few hours per month then dozens of people like me, who have been on here for years, should be massively grateful.....to the point where we chip in and buy you a ski holiday or something

actually, you're a techie so make that snowboarding

but the point remains

I don't ski or snowboard - but if you feel inclined to chip anything in, then send the "chipped in" to Bromage. Keep the site going.

I'll have a bottle of Jack Daniels at any point though :thumbs:

tricky f***** isn't he?

all we want to know is how much time he spends on this - then we can calculate the value of his Xmas present

which is probably gonna be snwboarding lessons, as no self-respecting techie doesn't snowboard

alternatively we could just get him Jack Daniels

EVERYONE buy him a bottle

he'll have 100s of bottles, which is only fair - think of all that's happened as a result of YNWA

Will even got married

Edited by Molby

We?

good point

Nathan Explosion's selflesness is unlikely to be rewarded here

I've just read his post properly, about how much time he spends on here

it's s***loads

everybody buy him some Jack or you'll get bad luck for being ungrateful

where do we send it btw N E?

What's going on here?

it's dawned on me how much time the lad spends sorting out the site

we need to show gratitude or the universe will punish us

Molby's bought that loon balls house in Crosby hasn't he, probably cleared a desk of several pieces of lladro and is now plotting ways of coaxing innocent forum members to join him in living out his snowboarding fantasies.

Molby's bought that loon balls house in Crosby hasn't he, probably cleared a desk of several pieces of lladro and is now plotting ways of coaxing innocent forum members to join him in living out his snowboarding fantasies.