By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Stuff you don't want to get for xmas

SkippyjonJones

you know - the s**** that people could buy you that you really don't want

1) Eggnog

2) crate of american p1ss beer

3) a set of BBQ tools (ie someone is saying "cook for me" - lazy twunts)

4) a gift card to a store I'm not likely to use....

Edited by SkippyjonJones

I'm a real bookworm and I love getting books but I hate getting general books that are s*** - The Football Lovers' Encyclopedia, Cakes!, Britain By Road... you know, the sort of catch-all, aimed at nobody in particular, and therefore as bland as owt, Christmas market guff that the likes of M&S churn out. The sort of gift that says 'we know you like to read but here's something to show that we dont care enough to find out what sort of thing you like to read'.

And just general toiletries. I know what I like and its taken me the best part of five decades to get to the point where I know what works for me. Don't waste your money on any old shoite.

Edited by charlie clown

Clothes - where did it say in the wedding vows that I can no longer pick my own clothes?

Tally with that, although not married I think the only thing I've worn out of tens of clothing gifts was a scarf. Doesn't matter if it's a girlfriend, mother, fashionista sibling or whomever, always wrong. Have in desperation brought clothing for others, got away with it once I think. Vouchers work.

I'm a real bookworm and I love getting books but I hate getting general books that are s*** - The Football Lovers' Encyclopedia, Cakes!, Britain By Road... you know, the sort of catch-all, aimed at nobody in particular, and therefore as bland as owt, Christmas market guff that the likes of M&S churn out. The sort of gift that says 'we know you like to read but here's something to show that we dont care enough to find out what sort of thing you like to read'.

What it actually says is "We got to the counter and realised we hadn't got you enough/anything, here's this thing."

a Lacoste teddy bear off the mother-in-law

er...wtf and that?

I mean I like it now obviously but at the time I thought she was taking the p1ss

:lol:/>

me mate got a jarg Lacoste t-shirt off his ma one year.

One of the lads asked him how he knew it was jarg.

He said when he hung it up in the wardrobe the tail was hangin out the door

socks - got loads of them

Terry's Chocolate Orange from me Nan.

The last one is still in the cupboard, oh and obligatory card from me Nan which although features a red football player, looks very similar to Ryan Giggs.

please bring it to ABC on your next visit, marked for my attention and mine only, ta