Sign in to follow this  
Bogman

Stuart Downing.

Hahahaha

With his Sat Nav shirt on :lol:

All makes sense now. " Please turn around where possible "

Edited by Earl Hafler

Offensively he was good, but it seemed like he was passed around by many Newcastle players too easily last night. and didn't give quite a feck about it.

I would sell him immediately while the memory of him being useful is still fresh in the mind of opposing managers. If we can get 5-6m for him at his age then we can buy a world class young right winger to take us forward.

(Who knows maybe even go all in and try to land Reus, now that his best friend is leaving Dortmund).

Reus? Why don't we get Kroos as well while we're at it?

We might actually be able to get Kroos after Bayern finish buying up the entire Dortmund front 6.

Assuming he's alright with the injury, etc.

We might actually be able to get Kroos after Bayern finish buying up the entire Dortmund front 6.

Assuming he's alright with the injury, etc.

No chance!

....to Newcastle for 5m is the latest rumour

Gotta be worth more than 5m even though he's crap. Unless it's a wages game again (ie he's on s***loads)

he's probably worth around 7/8, but with the wages he's on i can see why we'd settle for less

He's done nothing but work hard and earned his place into the team last season, I see a player worth far more than 5 million and worthwhile to the club.

Personally I think he is a worth somewhere around the 10mill mark.

If Downing was at another club, would you advocate Liverpool spending 10m on him? Me neither.

He did alright last season, a lot better than he was given credit for. I don't think there are many better wingers in the league at the 10mill mark.

He did alright last season, a lot better than he was given credit for. I don't think there are many better wingers in the league at the 10mill mark.

None of the clubs in the top 7 would be interested. From the remaining 13, I would wonder if any of them would be prepared to spend a big slug of their budget on him. It was a shame West Ham never followed through with their interest. Maybe Stoke could be tempted, they haven't spent at all this pre-season with the exception of 3.1mln on Pieters the Dutch left back.

Watched the Valarangagaggga game this morning. About 20 minutes in, and one of our guys is tearing down the wing, out-muscling the fullback and getting his cross in.

Couldn't believe who it was

Watched the Valarangagaggga game this morning. About 20 minutes in, and one of our guys is tearing down the wing, out-muscling the fullback and getting his cross in.

Couldn't believe who it was

Downing pushing Speo off the ball ?

If Downing was at another club, would you advocate Liverpool spending 10m on him? Me neither.

Not because we're Liverpool and should be aiming higher, but if I was a West Ham fan I probably would

It was a shame West Ham never followed through with their interest.

He turned West Ham down didn't he?

Edited by johngibo YPC

Not because we're Liverpool and should be aiming higher, but if I was a West Ham fan I probably would

West Ham have Matt Jarvis for the left so £10m would be a big ask for that spot after they bought Carroll.

Reports saying that he has been told he can leave and the price would be around the £5mln mark. I could see West Ham trying to do business at that price.

He turned West Ham down didn't he?

Fair play to him too. He's shown some determination to knuckle down and improve throughout last season.

I wouldn't want to take a step down if I could help it. I also think that unless we are going to be improving on him, then he will be a useful squad player for us