Sign in to follow this  
Bogman

Stuart Downing.

He'll be better for someone else than he has been for us. He's a traditional 4 4 2 player who we all thought had been brought in to supply the ball for Carroll. Still don't understand why Kenny rarely played them together. Wouldn't surprise me if Allardyce comes sniffing for a bargain.

He's shown no bottle at times. That's been my main problem with him.

I agree that he hasn't the bottle for a club the size of Liverpool but when you see the prices paid for the likes of Matt Jarvis you'd hope Downing should command a similar fee ( ~£10m). I suppose the problem as usual will be the wages but I don't understand how footballers don't take a drop in wages in order to get their careers back on track.

I agree that he hasn't the bottle for a club the size of Liverpool but when you see the prices paid for the likes of Matt Jarvis you'd hope Downing should command a similar fee ( ~£10m). I suppose the problem as usual will be the wages but I don't understand how footballers don't take a drop in wages in order to get their careers back on track.

would you take a drop in salary when moving jobs?

If it was a case that I could prolong my career and get satisfaction from my job, yes I would. I accept that most players don't, I just think it doesn't make sense in the long run to sit on a bench and lose your place in your national team squad for the sake of losing out on a percentage of your wages that you'd probably get back on subsequent contracts.

And move somewhere s***ter

Boro, Birmingham...

where does he live now?

bet it's sh*t, it'll be Hale or somewhere sh*t like that?

If it was a case that I could prolong my career and get satisfaction from my job, yes I would. I accept that most players don't, I just think it doesn't make sense in the long run to sit on a bench and lose your place in your national team squad for the sake of losing out on a percentage of your wages that you'd probably get back on subsequent contracts.

he's 28

he should have bigger ideas for himself than sitting about moaning that nobody will give him more than 30k a week

someone on the Twitter said Stoke have asked to be kept informed of Downing's situation.

Stoke: where former Liverpool players go to die

don't think he's arsed either, tbh

ah well, put your arm round his shoulder and show him to the crowd all you want, he's not right in head the lad, just nowhere near ambitious enough

This all day long. Not sure why we are bothering the debate. He was never good enough for us and shown exactly why

This all day long. Not sure why we are bothering the debate. He was never good enough for us and shown exactly why

such an inspired decision to go for downing rather than Mata

Another nail in FSG's "shrewd business acumen" coffin.

so if they back up their manager and DoF they are naive and crap businessmen

if they stop their manager from signing Dempsey , they are too interfering and should trust their manager, plus they are poor and therefore crap businessmen

His welcome thread is yet another graveyard for the reputations of many.

My link

The writing should have been on the wall as soon as Stevie H started singing his praises.

Edited by D.Boon

such an inspired decision to go for downing rather than Mata

so if they back up their manager and DoF they are naive and crap businessmen

if they stop their manager from signing Dempsey , they are too interfering and should trust their manager, plus they are poor and therefore crap businessmen

Yeah ridiculous to lay this at FSG's door.

would you take a drop in salary when moving jobs?

if my weekly salary was measured in the tens of thousands I might think about it.