By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Phone nicked

Ed the Wool

Was waiting at the bus stop at 7.30 this morning, hit the button for the Anfield Wrap as a bloke on a moped mounted the pavement and whipped the phone out of my hand. Gave chase but he was away.

Unbelievable the guts of it, must have done it before. Still can't bloody believe it.

Luckily it was insured, but it's a right rigmarole trying to sort it all out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Islington at the bus stop by the Hemingford arms. It's not a bad area by any stretch.

There was no plate on the back of it, my head was pretty clear actually, got a description of the moped and the guys clothes/helmet but that's about it. According to the plod there's a load happening at the minute, it's the new crime of the moment. Was a new iphone, they can get about 300-400 for them. f***ing bad news if that's the level we're sinking to.

If that's the level we're sinking to?

Like I'm sorry for your loss an all that like but nicking a phone worth £500 from someones hand at a bus stop doesn't seem like a particularly sunken level.

I didn't mean from my perspective smart a***, I meant if kids are taking those sort of risks. Are people that desperate for a few quid? Seems a bit Grand Theft Auto.

You got sand in your vagina this morning or what? Bit uppity on the Footy forum as well.

I didn't mean from my perspective smart a***, I meant if kids are taking those sort of risks. Are people that desperate for a few quid? Seems a bit Grand Theft Auto.

You got sand in your vagina this morning or what? Bit uppity on the Footy forum as well.

Do you kno kids like? Weirdly I don't have a vagina and if I did I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have sand in it. I just think talking about sinking to a level when we're talking about mugging someone for a £500 phone demonstrates an ignorance that mau just be responsible for it being robbed like.

a few years back some f***** around Old Swan in Liverpool used a car to mug pensioners leaving the post offices. That's a level I'd be surprised people sank to.

Do you kno kids like? Weirdly I don't have a vagina and if I did I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have sand in it. I just think talking about sinking to a level when we're talking about mugging someone for a £500 phone demonstrates an ignorance that mau just be responsible for it being robbed like.

Yeah I know loads, but not in the Savile sense. There's plenty of areas I go in London where that wouldn't surprise me at all. Anyway, seeing as you're the non ignorant. expert on social degredation I'll consider myself told.

:lol:

Must say that did make me laugh.

s*** trabs there though, unforgivable.

Yeah I know loads, but not in the Savile sense. There's plenty of areas I go in London where that wouldn't surprise me at all. Anyway, seeing as you're the non ignorant. expert on social degredation I'll consider myself told.

I'm not like but I don't think anyone with any real sense of how the UK has been for 30 years would consider this particularly shocking or consider it a level that would surprise them.

Maybe for loads of people 300-400 quid is a little more than a few quid.

I'm not like but I don't think anyone with any real sense of how the UK has been for 30 years would consider this particularly shocking or consider it a level that would surprise them.

Maybe for loads of people 300-400 quid is a little more than a few quid.

Well when it happens to you it does come as a surprise funnily enough. Social context - not surprised. Economic context - not surprised. Turning on your phone at the bus stop at 7.30 am to have it whipped off you by a lad on a moped - surprised.

As for the cost, yeah it's a lot of money for a lot of people, myself included. I don't think a police record or a stretch for robbery would be worth it for that much though.

That Anfield Wrap has a lot to answer for

Didn't even hear the opening 'hello'. Grim John I tell you.

Islington at the bus stop by the Hemingford arms. It's not a bad area by any stretch.

There was no plate on the back of it, my head was pretty clear actually, got a description of the moped and the guys clothes/helmet but that's about it. According to the plod there's a load happening at the minute, it's the new crime of the moment. Was a new iphone, they can get about 300-400 for them. f***ing bad news if that's the level we're sinking to.

Seen police video of a kid on a bike doing the same outside the Old Queens Head late at night, also I pulled over to help a woman in N16 earlier this year who the same happened to, with a punch thrown in as she didn't let go the first time past. Short of crashing, it's hard to catch them.

Must say that did make me laugh.

s*** trabs there though, unforgivable.

you're right there like

Edited by scoose

Well when it happens to you it does come as a surprise funnily enough. Social context - not surprised. Economic context - not surprised. Turning on your phone at the bus stop at 7.30 am to have it whipped off you by a lad on a moped - surprised.

As for the cost, yeah it's a lot of money for a lot of people, myself included. I don't think a police record or a stretch for robbery would be worth it for that much though.

yeah I don't doubt it's shocking when it happens it's just not that shocking when it happens to someone else. I'd be shocked if they got custodial for that though.

Seen police video of a kid on a bike doing the same outside the Old Queens Head late at night, also I pulled over to help a woman in N16 earlier this year who the same happened to, with a punch thrown in as she didn't let go the first time past. Short of crashing, it's hard to catch them.

Down on Essex road? Awful for that lady as well.

I think it being that early surprised me the most. If I was in to criminality, I'd not be out of bed before 10!

There was a robbery here a while ago where the two ganstas were to make their escape on a moped. A tourist who saw it calmly picked up an advertising sign and using it as a sort of shield like some roman legionaire planted himself in their flight path. They looked a bit silly lying in a heap on the ground as the cops ran up to arrest them.

Mounting a pavement on a moped and stealing from someone's hand is a c**** trick - no need to start placing it in context.

Edited by Earl Hafler