By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Andalucia

pipnasty

Costa de la Luz is lovely. Beautiful beaches. And very very hot. Really hot. Verja de la Frontera a is great and interesting place, well worth a visit. Cadiz is good too. Tarifa is good as well.

There are quite a lot of boutique/eco hotels/apartments on the Costa de la Luz too now, can't recommend any as we were based elsewhere but saw a number of nice looking small places.

aye andalucia is great...seville is worth a visit, though I believe the best local guide is now out of action due to family issues.

Granada is good then head over to the alpujarras...find a nice wee hotel or guesthouse in some village or town like Orgiva.

Ronda is well worth a visit for a night or two.

cant remember the name of it but theres a great wee village on the coast....seems to be a bit of a hangout for the auld hippy type...and some outstandingly beautiful women.

Seville is one of the great cities, at the very least worth 3 or 4 days. But DO NOT go in high summer, it really is too hot. We then went down to Isla de Canela which is by Ayamonte. The apartments are really like any modern development and there are a few in that area and come with the usual golf courses but what is good are the beaches, you will always find lots of space, they seem never-ending.. Isla Christina had some beach bars called chiringuitos (sp?) These were good for food n drink. Ayamonte was a nice traditional town with good restaurants and markets. Could also get ferry across the river to Vila Real in Portugal. A trip up the mountains through Rio Tinto and its English village onto Aracena for the caves is worthwhile and loads of shops selling jamon to feast on. I'd imagine May or September would be an ideal time.

• 1 month later...

Almost forgot about this - cheers for the replies so far.

I think we are looking at 5 nights in Seville end of May, then 5 nights in Granada beginning of June.

Anybody ever used airbnb.co.uk for sorting our accomodation?

We're gonna hire a car but I believe that public transport is pretty good - yeah?

I think we are looking at 5 nights in Seville end of May, then 5 nights in Granada beginning of June.

We're gonna hire a car but I believe that public transport is pretty good - yeah?

if you want to go to the highly rated (by Muleskinner*) Costa de la Luz, we have an apartment there - Isla Canela

Seville is boss, as is Granada (although less so)

*correctly so

if you want to go to the highly rated (by Muleskinner*) Costa de la Luz, we have an apartment there - Isla Canela

*correctly so

Cheers Molby

Wasn't part of our plan but I'll have a think about that - sounds good

Spent a lot of my youth in Nerja. Its been pretty much destroyed by tourism (as has most of the towns around it) but I still love to sit on the beach watching the sun go down while the fishermen sort out their nets. The best time of the year is always September to the end of October or March to May. The weather is pretty much perfect and there are far few tourists around.

Most people pass through Malaga but the old quarter is one of my favourite places in Spain. The Picasso museum is also well worth a visit but if you get the chance, go to a night-time game at La Rosaleda. Its one of the great places to watch football, particularly when Madrid or Barcelona are the opposition. Its apparently particularly good this year. There is a real bond between the fans, the team and Pellegrin the coach, because of the way in which the side has performed despite all the financial crap the club has gone through.

Yeah, public transport is good, but it depends what you want to do. The train from Granada to Seville is dead easy and you can do Seville - Cordoba on the train in 45 minutes if you fancied a day in Cordoba.

Don't know that website, but if yoiu let me know where you're thinking of booking in Seville, I can tell you if it's in a good place etc. This site is pretty good for somewhere to stay, though maybe not as cheap as the one you mentioned.

*correctly so

If you have time to go to the coast, Pipnasty, Ayamonte is a great little place. Beaches close at hand and you can get the ferry over the river to Portugal. The apartment's very nice as well. We saw a chameleon on a wall on the street leading up to it, which almost makes up for Mr and Mrs Molby seeing dolphins on the beach in Portugal whilst we were at the bar.

Cheers everybody

Yeah, we were planning to go to Nerja but we'll have alook at Ayamonte

Tim - how easy/ hard is it getting tickets for the match over there? I think Betis and Seville are both at home whilst we are in Seville. Seville play Valencia on the last day of the season.

Cheers everybody

Tim - how easy/ hard is it getting tickets for the match over there? I think Betis and Seville are both at home whilst we are in Seville. Seville play Valencia on the last day of the season.

Ayamonte/Isla Canela is loads better than Nerja, as anyone who has been to both will confirm

*awaits confirmation*

Cheers everybody

It depends on who they're playing and whether there's anything at stake. Normally possible though. Remind me nearer the time.

Ayamonte/Isla Canela is loads better than Nerja, as anyone who has been to both will confirm

*awaits confirmation*

I'll go to both and confirm at a later date ;)

It depends on who they're playing and whether there's anything at stake. Normally possible though. Remind me nearer the time.

Cheers Tim

Spent a lot of my youth in Nerja. Its been pretty much destroyed by tourism (as has most of the towns around it) but I still love to sit on the beach watching the sun go down while the fishermen sort out their nets. The best time of the year is always September to the end of October or March to May. The weather is pretty much perfect and there are far few tourists around.

Most people pass through Malaga but the old quarter is one of my favourite places in Spain. The Picasso museum is also well worth a visit but if you get the chance, go to a night-time game at La Rosaleda. Its one of the great places to watch football, particularly when Madrid or Barcelona are the opposition. Its apparently particularly good this year. There is a real bond between the fans, the team and Pellegrin the coach, because of the way in which the side has performed despite all the financial crap the club has gone through.

Can echo this about the old quarter in Malaga. It's stunning, as are the ruins of the old castle. Lots of little streets with bars, cafes and restaurants.

If you're looking for a really nice beach with barely any brits, the area around this hotel, near El Pinillo station is great. I was told this was the first hotel on the Costa del Sol, and I think Sinatra and friends stayed there in the late 50's early 60's.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187440-d265403-Reviews-Hotel_Pez_Espada-Torremolinos_Costa_del_Sol_Andalucia.html

aye for some reason Malaga has a bad rep, have always enjoyed it....as said some great places up the wee streets. Theres a teahouse we always go to El Haren...groovy wee place....some days they offer massages...or theres been bellydancers and gigs. Cracking place.

Edited by Ostrich Man