Sign in to follow this  
baja the hut

So, Striker then

This is the big problem with Sturridge. Good player but incredibly greedy. He must be so frustrating to play with. I've seen it countless times where he should pass for an easy chance and wastes it by taking a shot instead

There could be an element of feeling like he has to score every time he plays at the moment

He might relax a little given a run in the team

I just can't shake the feeling that we would get so much more value abroad

There could be an element of feeling like he has to score every time he plays at the moment

but he doesn't want to play where we we'd need him. Suarez is our lead guy in the centre

Edited by sammya

This was when he was first choice last season.

He is a natural striker. It's not the worst quality in the world for a forward to have - to be single minded about scoring.

He's not a striker. Not sure Rodgers wants one of them though...doesnt really fit our style.

I could see where Sturridge would fit and understand the argument for him just think you can get similar for cheaper. I don't think Sturridge is a lad who'll come in and be first choice for years to come and at the price I think that's what you expect.

He's not a striker. Not sure Rodgers wants one of them though...doesnt really fit our style.

He's shown some flexibility recently. A 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1 could see Suarez play with a goalscoring No.9.

Also, when Suarez needs a rest, the No 9 could play central and have 2 wingers play off him.

I think there is scope to buy one and give him plenty of games, I dont think we can rely on Suarez to play central every week.

I don't see where the valuation of £15m is coming from, if he was valued at that in the summer and that was on the high side given his lack of playing time once Di Matteo took over, how could his value stay the same when he has barely played this year?

I dont think there is any doubt that BR is interested in signing Sturridge ,

He can play wide or centrally , very pacy , got an eye for goal , young & hungry to progress , ticks lots of the boxes .

Does he tick enough boxes , well thats open to discussion .

Lots of papers are saying that we have contacted Chelsea and told them we are def interested in a perminent move for Sturridge , not surprising that we would try to get a few things lined up before the transfer window opens .

The 15m valuation that appeared in the papers is there not every chance that , that is Chelsea's first requested fee ?

At which point we go back with a much lower bid and a cpl of converstaions later we agree on a fee somewhere in the middle of the two figures , we all know the way this works guys .

As for the valuation , its literally never the first figure that appears , its usually much lower .

Theres no sense in us all getting fired up about the preliminary figures quoted .

Edited by Red Yoda

what's his contract situation? was under the impression it's running out. if so the 15 mil looks unlikely.

he's behind victor moses in their pecking order at this point. no real measure i know. but still.

likely much harder to pull off, but prefer walcott in almost every dimension if it's a choice.

In a very general sense, that sums up both Walcott & Sturridge.

I think Walcott is more capable of a match winning performance , but , I believe Sturridge is still a very dangerous forward ,

If he was to sign for us and play more often than not ,

play centrally on occassions on the shoulder of central defenders , so that he can use his very direct pace to get away from those defenders,

play wide right the majority of the other times , so he can cut in across the back of the centrebacks and get onto short angled passes .

what's his contract situation? was under the impression it's running out. if so the 15 mil looks unlikely.

he's behind victor moses in their pecking order at this point. no real measure i know. but still.

likely much harder to pull off, but prefer walcott in almost every dimension if it's a choice.

18 months left in January I think.

Don't reckon we'll be paying £15M either.

i'd rather offer swansea the 15m for michu.

He could well be the new Amr Zaki , lets wait and see if he can continue his form

Yep. He also doesn't come across as a douche although maybe he's just wet.