By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ipod fm transmitter

cymrococh

Touch, but would be good if it worked with a classic as well.

Am looking at something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Car-FM-Transmitter-6/dp/B004J8L8UK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349252763&sr=8-1

Thing is I've got a long journey on the weekend so don't really want to wait for delivery, but these are about £60 in Halfords.

Thing with long journeys is that what's a clear frequency at location one may not be at locations 2,3,4... You do about 50m each way?

I had a belkin one which was alright as long as there wasn't any interference

I had one years ago for my CD changer, would only get interference from Radio 2 when I was driving past Bristol and sometimes from pirate stations in London.

That one was pre-programmed to use 88.3 FM, but the better newer ones seem to auto-select the best frequency.

Touch, but would be good if it worked with a classic as well.

Am looking at something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Car-FM-Transmitter-6/dp/B004J8L8UK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349252763&sr=8-1

Thing is I've got a long journey on the weekend so don't really want to wait for delivery, but these are about £60 in Halfords.

I use the griffin Itrip, £40 though. They dont seem to charge the touch though.

87.9 is the best frequency i found

I had one years ago for my CD changer, would only get interference from Radio 2 when I was driving past Bristol and sometimes from pirate stations in London.

That one was pre-programmed to use 88.3 FM, but the better newer ones seem to auto-select the best frequency.

Yeah the old one I had had to be manually programmed to a frequency which is kinda tough when driving and may be considered a design flaw. With autoselection let me know whether it's good and I may pick on up myself I'm kinda tired of burning CD's from albums I've paid for downloads of.

I use the griffin Itrip, £40 though. They dont seem to charge the touch though.

87.9 is the best frequency i found

87.9 and 108 seem to be the frequencies for me

it's not great though , I hate the fact that I don't have an aux cable input, bloody BMW and their I drive

FWIW, I bought this from amazon recently http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001F32OKK/ref=ox_ya_os_product , decent price and it's as good as anything I've tried in the past

drastic that like but effective

do these do stereo well these days as I seem to recall the old one not being great

Sound quality as a music player through headphones is very good, in FM transmitter mode it is a bit compressed but OK. Its surprising how useful a function it is.

Went for the cheap as f*ck option in the end as it's the only one I could get guaranteed delivery tomorrow.

Delivery cost me more than the actual thing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0064VLWP6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Still cheaper than the equivalent options in Currys and Halfords.

Edited by cymrococh

• 3 weeks later...

If it works and isn't s*** let us know please

It works, but it's a little bit sh*t.

Main problems are it doesn't do 87.9 or 108 and the rest of the bandwidth is pretty congested for me. 93.1 is the best one I can find. The other problem is that when it's plugged in to the the power/lighter socket, there's a slight hissing noise in the background. This isn't so much of a problem for music, but it's a pain in the hole for spoken word podcasts.

It basically just sounds like a not-quite-tuned-in radio station. Bearable but not great.

Worth every penny of it's £4.52, basically.