Sign in to follow this  
Leo No.8

The Youngsters

no...

im saying he could have played him and not Suso (well he wasnt ont the bench either, but that was because Rodgers preffered Suso) so it shows Rodgers has balls for playing a youngster.

I never want to see Downing playing for us ever again.

IIRC, Teixeira was injured pretty much all of last season. He might need to get to reserve team level before he gets a chance at first team football. He only made his reserve debut in July.

I am more interested in Jordon Ibe. How has he been doing for the U21s?

They should only be under pressure later in the season, at which point we have Lucas back and hopefully a couple of signings from January. The owners should look at how we performed against City and Utd and loosen the strings for a push.

Also, Shelvey's suspension will force Rodgers to use Henderson, which could be another bonus. He and Allen have the potential to click in midfield.

Would much prefer to see a midfield with Sahin in it than Henderson and I do like young Jordan in there.

Sahin is a completely different level, just needs a run.

The kids are looking great, Suso and Sterling will be part of the future of this club.

Any chance we can find a young colossus to play up front.?

Some of the best strikers we,ve had were hardly colossus'. Some of the best out there aren't either.

After Downing's non-display against WBA, I've noticed that Rodgers has tried to not play him in the front three if he can help it.

Any news as to why he wasn't on the bench on Sunday? Injured? Crap?

Would much prefer to see a midfield with Sahin in it than Henderson and I do like young Jordan in there.

Sahin is a completely different level, just needs a run.

Aye, but recently Henderson has shown better form. I'd play both on Wednesday, swap Sahin for Gerrard at the weekend.

Chicken Downing's role has been gobbled up by Suso and Sterling. He's now only fit for making into KFC crispy strips which would no doubt taste a little bland.

it is time to get seriously carried away about these kids

Need some reinforcements in January, though. What could have been if we'd pushed harder during the transfer window. FSG need to wisen up.

I didn't think Downing was that poor, just made to look mediocre by youngsters with greater desire and potential, and less fear. Still think there's work to be done in attack but that just makes it more exciting - the possibilities.

And Sahin was excellent. Much more like him and could be useful against Norwich.

Suso has the world at his feet. If there is any doubt over a contract then Ayre better get it sorted out tonight. Get on your steel horse, cowboy. Ride like the wind.

Hope he likes it here, see him mention earlier his family arent over here so couldnt blame him if he wanted to go home I suppose. Got to be loving this though, get a deal f***ing done!

I demand a Sussudio-based song for Suso. Keeps Gerrard happy as well.

Isn't that a phi colins track?

I havn't booed a song at anfied since george played "the crazy frog". Dont make me boo again

Jerome Sinclair must be feeling like he's taken the best drug ever right now. He was still 15 a week ago!! And now he's on the pitch as Liverpool score the winner infront of 5k away fans. (all of them will be buzzing mind)