Sign in to follow this  
Leo No.8

The Youngsters

Flannagan? He's not very good.

I assumed he meant someone like Coady because the only one the things he listed I'd associate with Flanagan is his tackling.

I was wrong.

From what I've seen of Flanagan, he looks miles away from being a top flight player at the moment.

Think he'll need to drop down at least a division.

Kelly RB as Kelly is a top defender for me.

He is adequate. I think people get hoodwinked by his physique, what we all envision he could be and the type of player he is; a player whose strengths ought to be defensively.

Positionally, he needs to sharpen up and his reading of the game is not that great. Like Enrique, he compensates a lot with his physical qualities.

With proper reading of the game, he should be bullying opponents the way Skretl on top form does. I want to see him take the ball off the opposition because he reads the game well enough to step in early, or simply with great timing, and come out on top thanks to his physique. That doesn't really happen much. The best that can be said of him is that he is hard to beat in a one on one and has the basics of his positioning nailed down fairly well.

I think we are building up to something great

Suso, Shelvey, Sterling, Wisdom, Jordan, Morgan, Allen

All less than 22, all coming through...

this is what we need to do, if we can't be like city are, we need to be like Ajax were.

Really hope Brendan gets a chance, first season will be tough

Edited by baja the hut

I think we are building up to something great

Suso, Shelvey, Sterling, Wisdom, Jordan, Morgan, Allen

All less than 22, all coming through...

this is what we need to do, if we can't be like city are, we need to be like Ajax were.

Really hope Brendan gets a chance, first season will be tough

Allen's already a starter. We'll be lucky if one, nevermind two or three of the above are regulars for us in 3 years time. Don't think Morgan is anywhere near good enough from that above lot.

Allen's already a starter. We'll be lucky if one, nevermind two or three of the above are regulars for us in 3 years time. Don't think Morgan is anywhere near good enough from that above lot.

he's 19 though...

i think with the right coaching and stuff..we can get all of them up there.

It's not luck it's a system. I hope we are building a system.

Kelly Coates Wisdom Robinson

Allen Henderson

Suso Shelvey Sterling

Yesil

Not to mention that we have Borino who is very young too.Don't think Gulasci will make it. Kapino from Greece would be good. Most of the above players can easily be squad players. Some of them will be in the first team too. We will be saving millions if some of the above click. Money saved could be spent of the likes of Isco, who I think can be a good replacement for Gerrard.

I remember when Enrique was winning our player of the season vote at the start of last season and looked every bit our signing of last summer.

Turns out that that wasnt actually a hard thing to achieve and his collapse has been one of epic proportions.

Quiet happy with Johnson at LB at the moment and Kelly RB as Kelly is a top defender for me.

Agree about Robinson too, lad is a player.

Enrique has made Kvarme's rise and fall look like a molehill. Have no idea what's happened to the player who almost never lost the ball, and was rarely beaten by anybody in the first few months of last season. Looks an absolute liability now, and his decision making is comically bad most of the time. Completely baffling.

Robinson looks a really good solid prospect. Seems a lot calmer and more assured than Flanagan, but I agree that Kelly at RB and Johnson at LB looks the best way forward now...

Shelvey , Sterling and Wisdom are all good enough to become regulars in the next season or two .

The structure of our squad at the moment should allow or transfer decisions to focus on goals'

Our defence needs a left back but we have Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Kelly and possibly Robinson and Wisdom

Our trio midfield can be picked from Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Lucas with Suso a possibility in 2 years

Front/Wide: Sterling, Borini will be given some trust and then Suarez.

So its left back and front/wide, thats what we need.

The thing is not very youth player needs to become a world star. The mancs had a strong team because the squad was large enough when filled out with brown, o'shea, p Neville etc. they provided cover and decent squad players.

Also for those that weren't happy with that, they were allowed to leave for other clubs for which a transfer fee was raised.

If flanno is happy to be a backup player, why not? I'd rather that than buy a Degen.

The thing is not very youth player needs to become a world star. The mancs had a strong team because the squad was large enough when filled out with brown, o'shea, p Neville etc. they provided cover and decent squad players.

This is exactly the point. When you are generating your own squad players through the youth ranks it means you can divert some of the mid range signing 'squad' money towards signing better first team talent.

My 'utopia' has always been a squad with quality first teamers, filled out with talented young players with the potential to be quality first teamers. We are moving in that direction but need more quality in the first team.

It was a good sub from Rodgers. Very difficult game for him to come into but he did well. If Borini continues to look poor he might be an important player for us this season.

Edited by D.Boon

It was a good sub from Rodgers. Very difficult game for him to come into but he did well. If Borini continues to look poor he might be an important player for us this season.

Borini should improve but Thursday night and now Suso's performance show we can use the squad. Suso should start the next match instead of Borini. Seems to have a more natural instinct for taking players on

Yeah it was encouraging all round. Excited about him and even more so about Sterling, excited that the manager seems excited by them too.

Borini should improve but Thursday night and now Suso's performance show we can use the squad. Suso should start the next match instead of Borini. Seems to have a more natural instinct for taking players on

Borini's movement is really good. don't know what else he's got but that is important

Really encouraging cameo from Suso, really hope his part in their pen doesn't bring him down.

It shouldn't do. young players make mistakes.

Doesn't he always play a lot deeper for Spain under ages