By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Youngsters

Leo No.8

on the mistake for the goal he did well to cover carra initially, and jones was dithering, but having put himself in the position to deal with it he should have been a lot more decisive in making the clearance.

He reminds me of Riise in such positions. Very one footed. As you say, plenty of time to improve but has to because Rodgers is building his own team.

Enrique will probably need some serious coaching and out of the box thinking

rarely do these situations just sort themselves out (player shows loads of potential, begins to achieve it early doors then takes a massive continuous slide backwards stretching over half a season then the start of the next)

Enrique will probably need some serious coaching and out of the box thinking

rarely do these situations just sort themselves out (player shows loads of potential, begins to achieve it early doors then takes a massive continuous slide backwards stretching over half a season then the start of the next)

the skrtel trajectory.

Fowler got it right last night. Enrique constantly relies on his speed and strength to get him out of situations, it's a dangerous game.

think that's probably true. and because of that he seems to suffer most when he's not in top condition. as he seemed to at the end of last season, when he looked leggy. and now coming back from a couple of niggles.

on the mistake for the goal he did well to cover carra initially, and jones was dithering, but having put himself in the position to deal with it he should have been a lot more decisive in making the clearance.

I agree, Enrique was obviously not blameless but Carra made the f*ck up initially and really, Jones should have just knocked Enrique out the way to collect the ball instead of waiting for Enrique to gift wrap it for him.

Just don't think Carra is going to adjust to this style, despite BR lavishing praise on him at every opportunity, could probably do with a CB in January.

Edited by Gomez

I agree, Enrique was obviously not blameless but Carra made the f*ck up initially and really, Jones should have just knocked Enrique out the way to collect the ball instead of waiting for Enrique to gift wrap it for him.

Just don't think Carra is going to adjust to this style, despite BR lavishing praise on him at every opportunity, could probably do with a CB in January.

Think that's more to do with Rodgers wanting to handle the end of Carra's playing days at the club I as dignified a way as possible.

Watched the third goal of there's again. He clearly calls off Brad Jones like he is going to clear the ball then gets nowhere near it as the winger comes in and chips it over Jones. He is absolutely woeful at the moment. Can't seem to master the basics of defence and his one footedness gets him caught out much more than it did the likes of Riise. Leave one of the youngsters in for an extended run or break the bank for Leighton Baines.

I always thought that was extremely unfair on Riise. For practically all of Riise's time here, we consistently had one of the top 3 (occassionally THE best) best defences in the league. Riise was a very good defender. Enrique...isn't.

Was Enrique s*** then? What the f*** has happened to him?

That's easy. He's not very good. There's still a player in there somewhere, but I always felt the first few months he was here us lot were hyping him up to be something supernatural. He's also not as bad as he's showing right now.

That's easy. He's not very good. There's still a player in there somewhere, but I always felt the first few months he was here us lot were hyping him up to be something supernatural. He's also not as bad as he's showing right now.

We were laughing when we got Enrique and City got Clichy.

I still don't think we were wrong. I think we were BOTH wrong.

If I was Rodgers, I'd be looking really hard at getting a LB in in January - Kelly/Johnson is not ideal for me.

We were laughing when we got Enrique and City got Clichy.

I still don't think we were wrong. I think we were BOTH wrong.

If I was Rodgers, I'd be looking really hard at getting a LB in in January - Kelly/Johnson is not ideal for me.

Yea - I was clamouring big time for Kelly/Johnson but it doesn't seem to be working.

Yea - I was clamouring big time for Kelly/Johnson but it doesn't seem to be working.

It's early, and I DO like Kelly, but I prefer Johnno at Right Back. I think the player prefers to be there too.

Hopefully Jack Robbo will come through - he 'may' even have an outside chance of playing Sunday - but if he doesn't in the next three months we HAVE to buy a LB oe educate Enrique sharpish

It's early, and I DO like Kelly, but I prefer Johnno at Right Back. I think the player prefers to be there too.

Hopefully Jack Robbo will come through - he 'may' even have an outside chance of playing Sunday - but if he doesn't in the next three months we HAVE to buy a LB oe educate Enrique sharpish

I like Kelly too, I just dont think he is a FB. Doesnt have the agility for it. He is a CB.

Coates will do well, but it's doing him no favours getting occasional starts in what are clearly second-string teams. He played very well when he was drafted in against City. I just don't see how we could justify starting him over Skrtel/Agger unless one has a big enough dip in form to justify it.

I think Rodgers is just about the perfect manager for us in regard to us getting the best out of the list of very talented younger players we have coming through . He gives the younger players belief that if they do step up to the mark , they will get genuine credit and be given their shot on merit and not dropped back out straight away no matter how they do .

We have an excellent group of younger players either well established in the 1st team squad , just breaking into it or on the brink of getting opportunities .

I remember when Enrique was winning our player of the season vote at the start of last season and looked every bit our signing of last summer.

Turns out that that wasnt actually a hard thing to achieve and his collapse has been one of epic proportions.

Quiet happy with Johnson at LB at the moment and Kelly RB as Kelly is a top defender for me.

Agree about Robinson too, lad is a player.