By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

9/11 - 11 years

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

strange one, seems less of a massive deal now, maybe getting past 10 years did that.

It's a Tuesday again & the weather is pretty-much identical. Weird, dropped the nipper off at school & the new WTC was towering above us, that's kind of when it hit home - I put a pic on Instagram & Twitter.

11 years though, over a quarter of my life, so strange

frankie boyle is not funny.

he's a f***ing prick. an unfunny, attention-seeking prick.

anyway, digressing. still remember the night itself, working in london, day of our company launch party at the design museum on the south bank. went ahead with it after much hand and heart-wringing. always fun to be managing a massive expensive event the day a globally-impacting terrorist event happens. poor me, like. was f***ing bizarre.

anyway, digressing. still remember the night itself, working in london, day of our company launch party at the design museum on the south bank. went ahead with it after much hand and heart-wringing. always fun to be managing a massive expensive event the day a globally-impacting terrorist event happens. poor me, like. was f***ing bizarre.

I was at Boavista at Anfield.

The whole day was utterly surreal.

I was in an office on City Road next door to the HAC, watching all the workers streaming outta there quick, hearing rumours of planes being hijacked in Amsterdam/Glasgow/lost over the Channel and all being on their way down our street any minute, and hearing the boss announce with grim determination that "they'll never get past the 'RAFF' boys!!!"

Can we not make this a Frankie Boyle thread ?

Still think the US Government / Intelligence Agencies knew about the plot prior to that day, but chose to let it play out and did not expect such a tragedy. Maybe hijackings.

The distress call made by a worker trapped in an office as one of the towers collapses is horrifying.

i was getting updates about the score at anfield, but don't remember how. wasn't texts like now. must've been phone calls i guess. whole day and night is a blur. remember having my first drink about midnight, necking a few shots of vodka and a couple of beers after the thing had finished, smoking a joint with a colleague on the south bank then getting a cab back to wimbledon. then staying up all night watching bbc news. it was surreal.

My dad picked me up from college. Had just started.

He told me two plane's had crashed into the towers. I said "what are the odds two planes would crash into them?"

He just looked at me and said "no, they weren't accidents".

Seemed inconceivable someone would commit such an act.

Was at the memorial garden last week.

I was at the WTC in Seattle. Only there because someone screwed up and didn't send some files I needed to review to their head office. If they hadn't screwed up I would have been at the top of the WTC in NYC when the planes hit....

Lost friends that day. Tough to see anything about the towers and not think of them.

Still it is my wedding anniversary.. I'll be focusing on that tonight instead. while I tour one of the kids schools, ho hum.

We were getting our then 3yo ready to go to preschool. Totally unreal watching it all unfold live on TV.I sat home with our youngest and just watched it all feeling numb.

Our 11 yo's school did a great memorial service today. They made a pinwheel for each of the people who lost their lives and placed them in the shape of a USA flag at the park next to their school. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd as a group of bagpipers played taps and then the national anthem. There were representatives from the fire , police and ambulance service, plus an honor guard from Offutt air force base. Given that the kids were aged 10-13, their behavior was impeccable.

a very odd match indeed. It felt very strange being there. I remember listening to James Whale on Talksport on the way home. His take on it and the callers he had on was just a nonsense.