By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

guns

smithdown

I'm after a new gun and wondered what fellow forumites would recommend?

Not really.

Just sick of these summer holiday gun stories in Liverpool all the while right now. Every bleeding day someone seems to be firing them off down residential streets in the middle of the day. Then there's tw*ts like this one:

DRUG dealer Anthony McGivern who accidentally shot his best friend in the head during a drive-by attack on a rival gang was jailed for a minimum of 30 years.

Anthony “Leech” McGivern blasted front seat passenger Kevin Gott in the back of the head at point blank range while trying to shoot members of the Larkhill Crew on August 30 last year.

The pair had a falling out with the street gang over drugs and, Liverpool Crown Court heard, there was also resentment over the murder of Edward Pybis who was killed in a drive-by shooting in Walton a few months earlier.

Although it was McGivern, 25, who had most to fear from reprisals the pair got hold of a 9mm gun and a stolen Ford Fiesta with fake plates to carry out the attack.

But when they entered Larkhill Lane, Clubmoor, and saw their intended victims it was Mr Gott, also 25, who was shot as McGivern tried to both drive and fire at the same time – hitting him in the back of his hoodie.

Despite that he made a second attempt to shoot the Larkhill targets even while his friend’s dead body lay slumped in the seat next to him. McGivern then dumped Mr Gott’s body in a gutter on Brayfield Road, Norris Green, and set fire to the car.

He denied murder, claiming it was an accident, and although this was accepted towards the end of his trial he was still convicted of murder because he intended to hurt or kill someone, if not his actual victim.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/08/08/anfield-man-anthony-mcgivern-to-serve-minimum-of-30-years-for-shooting-best-friend-kevin-gott-100252-31573248/#ixzz22x5juhd1

what's to be done with them eh?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on a minute, you mean to tell me there is a gun problem in the UK.

I thought I read on here that the only place on the planet with gun problems was the USA.

Who'd a thunk it!!

By the way, this Batman movie is clearly a problem. More guns at a movie theater!!

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/07/13164209-man-armed-with-gun-knives-entered-ohio-theater-showing-batman-movie-police-say?lite

Hang on a minute, you mean to tell me there is a gun problem in the UK.

I thought I read on here that the only place on the planet with gun problems was the USA.

Who'd a thunk it!!

I know you probably meant this as tongue-in-cheek, but I hope it was even less serious than that.

I know you probably meant this as tongue-in-cheek, but I hope it was even less serious than that.

it was tongue in cheek, given all the screaming that goes on when there is a gun related issue over here.

we may have more issues, but we have 6 times as many people over here as well.

by the way, I see the good old boys in Texas have "put down" another criminal master mind.

Marvin Wilson, 54, was pronounced dead on Tuesday evening after receiving a lethal injection, officials said.

His lawyers had argued that he should have been ineligible for the death penalty because of his low IQ.

In 2002, the Supreme Court outlawed the execution of people with mental impairments.

However, the court left it to individual states to define what this meant.

Even being vindictive is bigger in Texas.

it was tongue in cheek, given all the screaming that goes on when there is a gun related issue over here.

You have a bit more than 6 times the gun crime though eh

what a s*** f***ing post even for you

You have a bit more than 6 times the gun crime though eh

what a s*** f***ing post even for you

no idea whether we have 6 times the gun crime, but we have more than our fair share.

why is it a s*** f***ing post?

you lot in the UK are all over stories that involve gun crime/killings in the US. screaming for more controls and better laws.

sure, there is a tragic loss of life here, but the shooter made the choice to carry the gun and there is always the chance that something terrible will happen, especially given the fact that they were both out for revenge or payback.

the only people that should be carrying guns on the street should be those enforcing the law,.

no idea whether we have 6 times the gun crime, but we have more than our fair share.

why is it a s*** f***ing post?

you lot in the UK are all over stories that involve gun crime/killings in the US. screaming for more controls and better laws.

sure, there is a tragic loss of life here, but the shooter made the choice to carry the gun and there is always the chance that something terrible will happen, especially given the fact that they were both out for revenge or payback.

the only people that should be carrying guns on the street should be those enforcing the law,.

In 2008 31,593 people were killed by firearms, with over 40,000 more injured to varying degrees. That same year roughly 1,000 U.S service personnel and private contractors were killed during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

8,775 people were killed by gun fire in the U.S in 2010 (out of a total of 12,996 murders) according to FBI crime stats. A decrease of 4% on the previous year.

That works out to 2.84 murders by firearms per 100,000 people.

There were 41.67 firearm robberies per 100,000 people that year.

And 44.78 firearm assaults per 100,000.

Per capita, the U.K has less than 1/7th of the gun related incidents than America.

In 2008 31,593 people were killed by firearms, with over 40,000 more injured to varying degrees. That same year roughly 1,000 U.S service personnel and private contractors were killed during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

8,775 people were killed by gun fire in the U.S in 2010 (out of a total of 12,996 murders) according to FBI crime stats. A decrease of 4% on the previous year.

That works out to 2.84 murders by firearms per 100,000 people.

There were 41.67 firearm robberies per 100,000 people that year.

And 44.78 firearm assaults per 100,000.

Per capita, the U.K has less than 1/7th of the gun related incidents than America.

I'd be f***ing livid if I lived in the UK where guns are illegal and yet you still have a seventh as much gun crime as the US where guns are given away free with every tank of petrol. Shouldn't you be protesting at this outrage? Clearly the law is not working.

I'd be f***ing livid if I lived in the UK where guns are illegal and yet you still have a seventh as much gun crime as the US where guns are given away free with every tank of petrol. Shouldn't you be protesting at this outrage? Clearly the law is not working.

where the heck are you living.?

I have to get 10 punches on my fuel tank filling card to even get a little gun.

That's really quite an outrageous post mate.

In the last gun stats I saw the US had 10.3 firearm deaths per 100,000 people, England had 0.46 deaths per 100,000 people. It's got nothing to do with the US having 6 times as many people, those stats are based on the same sized group... that's over 20 times more gun-related deaths per capita.

Secondary to that is that the "screaming that goes on when there is a gun related issue over here" is really not even about the death stats, it's about America's opinion on gun control when there's clearly such a massive, massive problem with it.

That's really quite an outrageous post mate.

In the last gun stats I saw the US had 10.3 firearm deaths per 100,000 people, England had 0.46 deaths per 100,000 people. It's got nothing to do with the US having 6 times as many people, those stats are based on the same sized group... that's over 20 times more gun-related deaths per capita.

Secondary to that is that the "screaming that goes on when there is a gun related issue over here" is really not even about the death stats, it's about America's opinion on gun control when there's clearly such a massive, massive problem with it.

it's a problem everywhere , not just the USA. as somebody else posted earlier, guns are legal here and yes, many are getting into the wrong hands, but they are illegal in the UK and they also have their share of gun problems.

it's a problem everywhere , not just the USA. as somebody else posted earlier, guns are legal here and yes, many are getting into the wrong hands, but they are illegal in the UK and they also have their share of gun problems.

There is a night and day difference between the gun problems in the US and the UK per person. Population has nothing to do with it, the laws and the mentality towards those laws do.

And no, it's not a problem everywhere. Yes, it's a problem in countries like South Africa, Columbia, El Salvador, Jamaica, Brazil, Panama, & Mexico. And America.