By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Summer Activity

baja the hut

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a personal point of view I don't think we can do worse in the league next year, because the teams below us can't strengthen THAT much. I've seen some good, attacking football from Kenny's team this year, and probably we deserve a few more points than we've got, so it would be a big surprise to go lower than 8th even if we don't sign anyone. And let's not forget, RFH would have taken us lower, so there's defo something to be said for stability in our current position. Having an open DoF position makes Kenny's job security a bit rocky, IMO.

On the other hand, how many games have we really grabbed by the scruff of the neck? Ground the opposition into the dust and not budged an inch from the first whistle to the last? Next to none, sad to say. We rarely look like we are really in control of a match, it's all haram-scarum stuff too much of the time. There's the spectre of Rafa hanging over that. We need to do better there.

It seems to be some kind of open secret that our owners favour a DoF/young head trainer type affair. Who's the young'un? Klopp is well out of range, now, you'd think. AVB is free, but a big risk... I dunno. I reckon it's 40/60 for Kenny being here next year.

On the player front, I wouldn't be surprised if Reina left this summer, and for the first time, I don't know if it would hurt us that much. The guy is class, and quality, but I'm not so sure his heart is really in in it any more. If he does go, thanks very much, I hope he does well, and he probably won't be that heard to replace. Not his fault, really, we just don't play the kind of football that requires him as a keeper. We'd be just as well off with Given the way we play.

If we still need to choose between Shelvey and Spearing next year we're massively in the s****.

Carroll is a good player, and has a lot of bottle. But if we are to build a side around him I think it needs to be a side that is built on relentless energy and pressing. He plays his best for us when it's do-or-die. And I don't think there has ever been a side that played do-or-die every week.

Stadium - *shudder*

Enrique ;) - I have doubts about this lad...

I'm glad I don't have to make the call for stability or radical reform this summer.

Kenny was the right choice when Hodgson went and the right choice whenever he was appointed full-time. It hasn't worked out and it's gutting. I hope people don't denigrate his legacy here on account of some of the complete s*** we've seen this season. Regardless, it's time for a change in the summer because I genuinely can't see us suddenly turning it around next year.

I would definitely sell: Spearing, Adam, Downing, Carragher.

I would buy a top class defensive midfielder, a top class winger and a top class striker.

I agree with downing and Adam by carra won't go. No one will pay for him and he is a massive contract. FOP

And spearing I think is worth keeping around. He is a Liverpool lad who can do a job. Would I play him first team against top teams? No. But in the league cup or lower league teams etc definitely worthwhile to give first team a break. Even the mancs kept brown and o'bese around as squad cover.

The problem with keeping Spearing is that he'll be used at some stage. He's not of the required quality to play for the club, simple as that. You should only have him here if you would trust him to come in and play for a few games in the event he had to. I wouldn't, and I think he should be sold because of it. That he's pretty much costing us a goal every other game he plays is also something to consider.

Depends on the manager and the players that come in.

Reina, Doni

Johnson Kelly

Boss CB, Skrtel, Agger, Coates

Boss LB who can also play LM, Enrique

Lucas, Boss CM1, Boss CM2, Henderson

Boss Winger 1, Boss Winger 2, Bellamy, Sterling

Suarez, Boss Striker, Carroll

Ok, great - but say this happens. Say this massive turnaround happens - signing 7 'boss' players, what would be your expectations? - Challenging for the League? 4th place? Lower?

Because that turnaround of new players on top of 6 or 7 players you're keeping that have only been here 18 months so far is unprecedented in terms of instant success. So I was wondering where we set the bar?

I thought your original post said we should only keep 8 not sign 8. Not having a go, genuinely not - but I don't think it's possible at all that we can sign 7/8 'boss' players without being heavily bankrolled by different owners than we have.

Who's the fella with the fanny head? Recognise him.

Team for next season:

Reina

Johno Skirt Agger Jose

new man Gerrard Lucas New man

Carroll Suarez

Nowt wrong with the players just the Roy hodgson formation.

Reina

Back four

Lucas, new man

Suarez, Gerrard, new man

Carroll.