By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Damien Hirst

Buzz

Took the MIL and friends to the retrospective yesterday and am at a loss as to why he is so popular. For every decent piece is about 4 pointless imo. Butterfly room and pictures were cool, the cow and calf in half were interesting to look at as was the shark, spotty wrapping paper was alright, but the pharmacy stuff, surgical shelves, the flies, the ashtrays...

Had a much better time at the Royal Academy summer show. I know there is a lot more work and variety of it, but it was more thought provoking to.

Anyone a fan of Hirst?

Took the MIL and friends to the retrospective yesterday and am at a loss as to why he is so popular. For every decent piece is about 4 pointless imo. Butterfly room and pictures were cool, the cow and calf in half were interesting to look at as was the shark, spotty wrapping paper was alright, but the pharmacy stuff, surgical shelves, the flies, the ashtrays...

Had a much better time at the Royal Academy summer show. I know there is a lot more work and variety of it, but it was more thought provoking to.

Anyone a fan of Hirst?

I went to it in April. The art was either excellent or rubbish

Went to the Tate Livepool yesterday for the first time in ages and half of it is exactly the same as it was a year ago and wasn't much cop then. Some of the new stuff curated by Marrianne Faithfull was good though.

I'm no fan of Damien Hirst at all. Bad outweighs the good in everything I've seen.

Grayson Perry is much more interesting, and Jake and Dinos Chapman, but i've never been to see any of their work. Would like to though

Saw both in the turner prize exhibition the year Perry won it. His work has got real wit and spark to it.

Went to the Tate Livepool yesterday for the first time in ages and half of it is exactly the same as it was a year ago and wasn't much cop then. Some of the new stuff curated by Marrianne Faithfull was good though.

I'm no fan of Damien Hirst at all. Bad outweighs the good in everything I've seen.

agree on all counts

wasn't too keen on that Twombly either

seemed like Turner and Manet are obviously the real deal and he's a bit of a spoofer