By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Would you pay to get off your flight faster?

Nebraska Red

It could be the next airline fee.

According to a survey by the air fare-tracking site, airfarewatchdog.com, 16% of respondents said they'd be willing to pay to be at the front of the line to get off their flight when the plane lands.

of that group, 10% said they'd pay $10.

Three percent said they'd pay as much as $20

What's next? Nicer bog roll in the loo for $10

It could be the next airline fee.

According to a survey by the air fare-tracking site, airfarewatchdog.com, 16% of respondents said they'd be willing to pay to be at the front of the line to get off their flight when the plane lands.

of that group, 10% said they'd pay $10.

Three percent said they'd pay as much as $20

What's next? Nicer bog roll in the loo for $10

You have never flown with Ryanair then???

getting off flights quicker can be an issue when travelling to some countries, especially with connecting flights, due to long waits at immigration. So I can understand why some are desperate to be first off! But still, paying for the honour is a bit much. Just get an aisle seat near-ish the exit!

Business travel passengers I think would pay to be in the 1st couple of rows to ensure that they can get on last and still have their overhead space 'reserved' for their bags and then ensure that they are first off.

The ideal for any passenger is to get on last and have your overhead space above your seat and then get off first - if its money out of your pocket, you may not pay it, but if its going on business expenses then .......

Get off quicker and wait at te same baggage carousel as every other f*****. Yeah, smart money that.

aye. i rarely fly without hold luggage so what's the point?

can see air travel becoming really prohibitively expensive and proper unenjoyable in the next ten years or so. and it's not exactly a barrel of laughs now.

I've never waited more than 10minutes between the plane stopping and getting off. No-one is that busy they need to pay to get off quicker.

really?

on more than one occasion I've had to wait for longer than 30 minutes

mind you that was because the airport was busy , so everyone was stuck on the plane

Like those pr*cks who pay for Speedy Boarding and end up being the first people on the bus to the plane.

What always makes me laugh about that is they are first on the bus and get themselves a nice seat near the driver but more often than not the doors are near the middle of the bus, so they are last off the bus to get on the plane.

Speaking of Ryanair... the f**kers emailed me last night to say my flight in september is now subject to the new budget in spain and will be charging me an extra €1.95 per person.I mean its only a small amount but it was the way they worded the email. Either accept it or get a refund, we will not discuss this further.

Never really understood the whole paying to board first. Suppose maybe it comes along with picking your seat, but you'll be in those damn seats 10mins longer and it ain't going anywhere any sooner.

They can make sure that they sit together

that's only really important if you have kids though, and the airlines should make sure they keep some seats available for parents with kids

that's only really important if you have kids though, and the airlines should make sure they keep some seats available for parents with kids

That is true, forever seeing the staff moving people around top make sure that happens anyway.

Get off quicker and wait at te same baggage carousel as every other f*****. Yeah, smart money that.

It's aimed at those lovely people who drag a "carry on" as big as a house to the door of the plane, and then check it at the gate to be picked up at the door on arrival. We saw loads of those selfish t***s on our numerous flights this year, but because they are first, business or gold club the flight staff say nothing.

The rush for the rental cars in on once the bags are picked up, and there is never any waiting there if you have your "club" membership booking. I like the car rental deal with no waiting, especially as you don't have to listen to some git try to sell you all kinds of s**** you don't want.

exactly...

The next charge - and I expect Ryanair to implement this - is pay extra to get your baggage to the correct place

the f*****s know who's booked onto a plane well in advance. It's not a massive logistics job to do it, especially as I bet 15-20% of people flying are alone

I've never waited more than 10minutes between the plane stopping and getting off. No-one is that busy they need to pay to get off quicker.

I used to fly to work for about a year. Every morning out of John Lennon where the same group of fellas that would be at the front for check in and at the front for boarding all with hand luggage. They'd make sure they got the first two rows and would belt it

Part of it is just wanting to get the f*** away as soon as possible and part of it is knowing the time of your connecting train.

next from ryanair: in the event of crashing over water, an auction of lifebelts

Never really understood the whole paying to board first. Suppose maybe it comes along with picking your seat, but you'll be in those damn seats 10mins longer and it ain't going anywhere any sooner.

it's a matter of prestige

Speaking of Ryanair... the f**kers emailed me last night to say my flight in september is now subject to the new budget in spain and will be charging me an extra €1.95 per person.I mean its only a small amount but it was the way they worded the email. Either accept it or get a refund, we will not discuss this further.

What's wrong with that? Pay the obligatory landing charge or get a refund. Seems pretty fair to me.

Unless they ended the email by calling you an a******.