By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

12 th july

jimbolala

Something to do with a Protestant king from the Nederlands who was funded by the Pope to wage a war against a local king who wanted to create an ascendancy of the Celtic Catholic church over that of Rome. The former respected the forces of the latter, treating any POWs properly. The latter despised his own men, although they were from a sister-country. 100 years after this battle the Orange Order was established and even funded the construction of St. Mary's Catholic church in Belfast. But now their members aren't even allowed to enter such premises. They now state things like "if the majority would give some consideration to the minority".

Sounds strangely familiar?

Something to do with a Protestant king from the Nederlands who was funded by the Pope to wage a war against a local king who wanted to create an ascendancy of the Celtic Catholic church over that of Rome. The former respected the forces of the latter, treating any POWs properly. The latter despised his own men, although they were from a sister-country. 100 years after this battle the Orange Order was established and even funded the construction of St. Mary's Catholic church in Belfast. But now their members aren't even allowed to enter such premises. They now state things like "if the majority would give some consideration to the minority".

Sounds strangely familiar?

Good read though, i said i would work on the 12th, how i am getting home though is a problem, sunny north belfast may well be sunnier than normal, but once home, i can watch the chaos from a safe distance

Why Crumlin, whats happening there

70 lodges = roughly over 4000 people in the actual marches nevermind the hoardes who will descend upon the place to watch. Supposedly 80% nationalist/catholic population(mini west belfast these days) whom the Order have refused to speak to via residents associations...hopefully Im wrong but have been chatting to a few people from there and they reckon it'll kick off.

70 lodges = roughly over 4000 people in the actual marches nevermind the hoardes who will descend upon the place to watch. Supposedly 80% nationalist/catholic population(mini west belfast these days) whom the Order have refused to speak to via residents associations...hopefully Im wrong but have been chatting to a few people from there and they reckon it'll kick off.

I think theres a massive parade in Newry this year too. Seen in the Newry papers the Shinners were giving off about it. That has major potential to end in tears as well.

Well , helicopters up and about, gonna take the dog a walk before the streets resemble the walking dead, only drunks replacing zombies. I used to love the 11th night when i was young, underage drinking and snogging girls, now i am an auld grump and wish they would clear off