By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Radio Stations

pipnasty

Recently I've only been listenting to Radio Merseyside and a bit of Radio 4. Reading that you may think I'm 60, I'm not.

I only listen to the radio on the way to and from work, used to just have Radio 2 on but I got fed up with Chris Evans, found Steve Wright's show far too London centric and Simon Mayo and the fella who does the sports news on his show are too smug for my liking.

Pandora internet radio on my satellite TV or android, create some of your own stations and listen away.

First Wave on my XM satellite radio.

On local radio, we have a couple of sports talk stations worth listening to in the morning, other than tha t**'s right wing nutters and country music.

There's lots of really interesting stuff on NPR but podcasting has largely replaced listening to the radio for me. Ir rather its meant that I very rarely listen to shows live any more. In some cases - the kermode & mayo show - the podcasts have made a great thing even better.

There's lots of really interesting stuff on NPR but podcasting has largely replaced listening to the radio for me. Ir rather its meant that I very rarely listen to shows live any more. In some cases - the kermode & mayo show - the podcasts have made a great thing even better.

NPR podcasts for me too:

- Planet Money

- This American Life

- Snap Judgement

Also PRI, Public Radio International:

- Radiolab

- Studio 360

All really great to listen to.

Two other little gems I've discovered are A Life Well Wasted which only ran for about 9 shows and 99% Invisible.

Edited by cymrococh

6 Music

Radio 4

Radio Merseyside and/or City for the footie coverage.

That's it. I never ever listen to commercial radio. The adverts drive me mad and their music is pretty s***tily MOR most of the time.

There are a few interweb stations I dabble in now and again but noene of theme that frequent to make em proper regulars.

Edited by charlie clown

NPR podcasts for me too:

- Planet Money

- This American Life

- Snap Judgement

Also PRI, Public Radio International:

- Radiolab

- Studio 360

All really great to listen to.

Two other little gems I've discovered are A Life Well Wasted which only ran for about 9 shows and 99% Invisible.

I have no idea what any of this means.

Are they music shows with DJ's or this, that and the other?

This, that and the other

Almost all the NPR/PRI shows have a certain theme each episode and then 3-4 stories/interviews around that theme.

A Life Well Wasted is about video games and the people who play them.

99% Invisible is about Design, in a very broad sense.

I don't mind a bit of Chris Evans in the morning. I'm as grumpy as it gets on a work day morning and just sometimes his constant enthusiasm rubs off on me. Sometimes.

He has a new tv show . " Sing For Your Supper ".

Used to enjoy the days of pirate radio.

Do any of those still have a go? Don't suppose there's any need now there's this internet thing.

Used to like Radio Jackie North when I was a kid, came out of the flats in Canny Farm. Then there was TCR in the south end, which was sound for all the roots and that, I remember hearing a DJ going mad that his car was being robbed from outside and for all hands to get down there and chase them, eh hang on they're getting in it, in me car, not messing, get down here...no, too late, you little barstads, that's me car, they're driving off in me car la, everyone look out for a light brown Granada, it's gone up Parley, in fact, f*ck it, I'm going, if someone else wants to come down here and take over help yourself, f*ckin robbin barstaaaaaaaads....

The Huey Show on BBC 6Music is great on a Sunday. He's a bit of a bell,but the music he plays is fantastic.

Soul,jazz,proper rhythmn & blues,hip-hop,rap,bit of disco. Great.

There are very few shows on R6 which aren't great. The only one that I would be really happy to see turned over to another format and presenter would be Liz Kershaw's.

I remember years ago listening to Radio Caroline(?). The authorities were always on the look out for the boat that they used.

Many years back, my Dad used to listen to Radio Budapest. he would even send letters and jokes in to them that were read over the airwaves.

• 2 weeks later...