By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

google voice

SkippyjonJones

I use it, it's pretty ace. If you text a lot you can text straight from your computer. Syncs up well with GMail so you can make calls directly from emails with one click. Visual voicemail is very nice.

If you've got an Android phone it's absolutely spectacular.

I use it, it's pretty ace. If you text a lot you can text straight from your computer. Syncs up well with GMail so you can make calls directly from emails with one click. Visual voicemail is very nice.

If you've got an Android phone it's absolutely spectacular.

Pretty much on the money.

Its cheaper to use a calling card to call certain countries, but Google Voice does a lot more than a calling card. A google voice number also provides voice mail services and is a nice number to use when filling forms where you dont want to give your real phone number away.

sweet - I'm sticking with my driod phones and numbers even though I've moved. for international I'm staying with vonage and a nh number.

but the new apartment requires a local area number so that visitors can be let in through the gaes.. I'm hoping I can just use it for that and forward it to my cell phone. be sweet if that works...

sweet - I'm sticking with my driod phones and numbers even though I've moved. for international I'm staying with vonage and a nh number.

but the new apartment requires a local area number so that visitors can be let in through the gaes.. I'm hoping I can just use it for that and forward it to my cell phone. be sweet if that works...

Yeah, that's exactly how it works, that's why I got mine too. Just forwards through and you see the original caller's ID. Download the Google Voice app on your Droid, it's brill.

Before I switched to Vonage, which is great by the way, I used it for all our US long distance and some of our UK calls, they have good rates.

If you don't mind talking from a computer, SmartVoip allows for free international calls to phones in the UK (and US/Canada).

Have you tried it with a laptop on a wireless network?

Sure. Used it all the time. :)

Looked up rates on the website... looks like only calls to UK landlines are free while US and Canada have calls to both landline and mobile that are.

Sure. Used it all the time. :)

Looked up rates on the website... looks like only calls to UK landlines are free while US and Canada have calls to both landline and mobile that are.

We have to have a proper home phone line for our jobs, plus, my wife and I have s***ty cell phone plans. The kids have the good phones and plans that we can use if we have to, plus the house is set up with phones in 6 rooms. I can't se the wife talking to her mother for 3 hours with the lap top next to her.

We have to have a proper home phone line for our jobs, plus, my wife and I have s***ty cell phone plans. The kids have the good phones and plans that we can use if we have to, plus the house is set up with phones in 6 rooms. I can't se the wife talking to her mother for 3 hours with the lap top next to her.

I see where you are coming from. I got pissed myself after a while.. but then the cheap rates brought me back to it. :D

If you are satisfied with the quality of the call and everything, then this wouldn't be the worst investment to make.

Now, I have relatives in the UAE and phone calls to the middle east from the US are pretty expensive. What I've done is bought one of these and sent it over when I travelled there in 2010. MagicJack allows you to call for free to US and Canada numbers and is great for people who travel a lot out of the country, but then if you send it over to someone internationally, they can call you for free. ;) All you pay is a yearly subscription.

My wife despises bluetooth, and especially the ignorant gits who walk around wearing the ear pieces yakking away to themselves, more so when she is in the office.

I bought her a great bluettoth headset for her Zune and it's gathering dust in a box.