By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The cycling

surf

5 hours ago, Gethin said:

Would be the cycling equivalent of punching yourself in the nuts. Unless he thinks he can take a minute or so off teams that will attack the s*** out of him, that would be madness

cough....something stuck in my throat there i think...

• Haha 1

Generous of Roglic to lead Pogacar out there

Just now, Rex Ham said:

cough....something stuck in my throat there i think...

Meant in the mountain stages but that was bloody impressive there

Pidcock asked about Van Aert: "Ridiculous, he's taking the piss isn't he" 😂

7 minutes ago, BDB said:

Tour stages are a blast. Especially mountain ones. I’ve been to alpe d’huez and that’s wild.  Will be in Paris for the last day this year. Excited for that. 

I've done last day in Paris twice, once in 2010 as we'd finished London to Paris 24hrs that morning and once in 2012 (the year Wiggo won) as a bunch of us were there for a mate's 40th that happened to be the same weekend.

It's a great day but you really need to make sure you get in position early (preferably within site of a TV screen as you won't get near the finish line) and go with beers and a cool box as it's a pain in the a*** getting anything to eat or drink as you'll lose your spot

• Upvote 1

I had various errands to run yesterday in that there London before collecting my scooter from the garage to bring home

I hopped on one of those Lime e-bikes. I’ve not ridden an e before. Hell yeah. No effort to get moving, clips along at a decent (London) pace and all in, a really good 30km. Not cheap (£11) as a rental but easy bimbling fun

Super Planche was great - unfortunately it's so steep that it's almost impossible to attack before the last ramp. UAE did a cracking job of keeping riders with Pogacar which prevented Jumbo & Ineos trying anything on the lower slopes. Impressive to see Pidcock living in that company

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Tosh said:

I had various errands to run yesterday in that there London before collecting my scooter from the garage to bring home

I hopped on one of those Lime e-bikes. I’ve not ridden an e before. Hell yeah. No effort to get moving, clips along at a decent (London) pace and all in, a really good 30km. Not cheap (£11) as a rental but easy bimbling fun

E bikes are such fun. I’ve a vanmoof. And it makes you smile when you get on it and breeze along.  Feels like being a kid again.  Only goes 32kph. Or 20 of your imperial miles.  But still fun. Jump on it all the time to get a coffee or pick up food.  

I don’t think I can do 24% grade after riding Easy for 4 mins let alone 4 hours flat out. 

• Upvote 1

We’ve got a climb near us that averages about 9% for a mile, goes over a cattle grid then hits up to 22% for the last 200m. Even at my fittest it’s an absolute b*****d

And it’s only rated a 6/10 in Simon Warren’s “Greatest Climbs” book 😂

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cunny said:

UAE looked a lot stronger today.

Hard not to feel for Kamna

Think too much has been made of how they've not been great. I reckon they've not had to as Pog has used the other teams for the stages thus far, and the UAE team have been able to put little strain on the legs to be ready for days like today

19 hours ago, Gethin said:

Absolutely no idea why Ineos and Jumbo just sat there all day today. Rest Day tomorrow, both teams had men up the road in the break - just at least give it a lash eh lads?

Thomas can't handle the accelerations these days. Yates in Grand Tours is a right fanny.

1 minute ago, D.Boon said:

Thomas can't handle the accelerations these days. Yates in Grand Tours is a right fanny.

It was Jumbo Visma I was more surprised at. Roglic @ 2'52" has absolutely sod all to lose attacking out of the bunch - if it works, great. If not Vingegaard has a great Super-domestique for the next fortnight.