Sign in to follow this  
Chewie

FSG Watch...

2 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Me too. Plenty of slagging off for defending the owners. “Company guy” and all of that sh*t. They have learned and gotten better over the last ten years. There is no way that they deserved the grief that was thrown their way.

Champions League winners.

Premier League champions.

World Club Champions.

Best manager In the world.

The most exciting team in the world.

We didn’t buy and of our titles in some oligarch way.

What more can anyone want?

My 12p back!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Me too. Plenty of slagging off for defending the owners. “Company guy” and all of that sh*t. They have learned and gotten better over the last ten years. There is no way that they deserved the grief that was thrown their way.

Champions League winners.

Premier League champions.

World Club Champions.

Best manager In the world.

The most exciting team in the world.

We didn’t buy and of our titles in some oligarch way.

What more can anyone want?

A coutinho replacement 

Edited by Hassony

Who cares really. I don’t even think of them.

Which is probably a sign of decent owners tbf.

Dunno why anyone is thinking of them right now mind. 

• Like 5

Win the league for the first time in 30 years and straight to this thread to claim credit for FSG or claim credit for liking them more than anyone else.

I mean... sure, if you want.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

they're already planning on us not being able to win it next year by not signing anyone of note

not signing Werner is a sign of things to come

no doubt their spreadsheet has told them that they shouldn't be signing players in a pandemic in case their revenues drop, and also we are already champions

so f*** off FSG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sammy & a said:

Win the league for the first time in 30 years and straight to this thread to claim credit for FSG or claim credit for liking them more than anyone else.

The absolute state of this. 

Fair play, they said they’d do properly and they did. Didn’t pump in extra money - instead made the club successful. The main stand and the training ground are legacies. The people they’ve hired seem to be solid across the board. 

and of course Klopp. Supporting him was critical and they did.

didnt get everything right - of course not, who does? But 10 years on, we are in a great spot and for that I’m thankful. 

17 hours ago, sammy & a said:

I will. And my point is proved by Molby’s nonsense.

We’ve got great owners, and every criteria would point to that. Without them, and others obviously, our incredible success would not have happened. And I got grief for supporting them years back when I thought we were on the right path. So you’re damn right that I’m going to point it out.

And we’ve got a thread for it.

• Haha 1

I’m genuinely pleased for you that you can find this additional source of jubilation/vindication

it must be like winning the league twice 

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, smithdown said:

Someone should fire a rocket at the Empire State Building so they know we care 

The Prudential Center would be more appropriate, but I get your point.

They  can't be very happy that despite having had about 6 months to prepare for this, you can't get the kids home shirt with 'Champions' on the back as they are out of stock. 

2 minutes ago, kop205 said:

They  can't be very happy that despite having had about 6 months to prepare for this, you can't get the kids home shirt with 'Champions' on the back as they are out of stock. 

Isn't that more due to it being the end of the kit deal with New Balance?

1 minute ago, Gethin said:

Isn't that more due to it being the end of the kit deal with New Balance?

'Hi NB, we are going to still be wearing your clobber for an extra few weeks and we're going to walk the league so would you like to make an extra few million quid by producing a load more shirts and letters to spell CHAMPIONS?'

'No, soz'

Dunno like, seems a very 'us' thing to do.

I'm hoping they do a nice boxed and embroidered commemorative shirt... Got one after Istanbul and its a lovely souvenir

I saw JD and Sports Direct are doing their own version of it

18 minutes ago, kop205 said:

'Hi NB, we are going to still be wearing your clobber for an extra few weeks and we're going to walk the league so would you like to make an extra few million quid by producing a load more shirts and letters to spell CHAMPIONS?'

'No, soz'

Dunno like, seems a very 'us' thing to do.

Makes loads of sense if the conclusion is it makes some people less likely to buy the new kit though.

2 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Makes loads of sense if the conclusion is it makes some people less likely to buy the new kit though.

Right, so I know that I’m angry with FSG about this but I can’t quite pick an attack that is consistent with my stances before so now I’m mad with them for that too.

On 26/06/2020 at 12:53, Molby said:

they're already planning on us not being able to win it next year by not signing anyone of note

not signing Werner is a sign of things to come

no doubt their spreadsheet has told them that they shouldn't be signing players in a pandemic in case their revenues drop, and also we are already champions

so f*** off FSG

Are you like this on purpose?

Molby is spot on about FSG as usual. 

They bought us for 200m, were s*** at the start. Got a bit better. Then got lucky Klopp wanted to come. Now we're worth 10 times what they paid. 

Any ambitious owner looks at our squad, sees the very real danger of it going stale or injuries happening, and makes sure the money is there to invest to keep us at the top. 

We're in danger of sleepwalking into a situation next summer where the front 3 are all touching 30 and there's no obvious succession planning. Sancho and Havertz are almost definitely going to move this summer. Players of their like don't become available every year. This is also the most pull we'll maybe ever have. We're the obvious choice. Who knows what situation we'll be in in 18-24 months time. 

Edited by Sion

8 minutes ago, Sion said:

Molby is spot on about FSG as usual. 

They bought us for 200m, were s*** at the start. Got a bit better. Then got lucky Klopp wanted to come. Now we're worth 10 times what they paid. 

Any ambitious owner looks at our squad, sees the very real danger of it going stale or injuries happening, and makes sure the money is there to invest to keep us at the top. 

We're in danger of sleepwalking into a situation next summer where the front 3 are all touching 30 and there's no obvious succession planning. Sancho and Havertz are almost definitely going to move this summer. Players of their like don't become available every year. This is also the most pull we'll maybe ever have. We're the obvious choice. Who knows what situation we'll be in in 18-24 months time. 

Where would the ‘ambitious owner’ get this money from? 

Just now, Hightown Phil said:

Where would the ‘ambitious owner’ get this money from? 

Their own massive personal wealth?