Sign in to follow this  
Chewie

FSG Watch...

Hope it will be like the days of old when all people ever did was sing songs about Peter Robinson, Noel White and the rest of the lads.

I’m sure if they had a football forum in days of old with a thread about owners, they’d talk about the owners in it.

Edited by Leo No.8

Feasibility study into trainline for Anfield. If it's approved could we scrap our plans for the small increase we've committed to?

It would probably just allow the possibility of developing the SKD stand and The Kop. But both of those would require a lot more than just the tram line.

Really don't see how the trainline solves many transport capacity issues - it's too far from the ground. By the time you walk there, get a train and get into town you might as well have walked and saved yourself the cash.

Really don't see how the trainline solves many transport capacity issues - it's too far from the ground. By the time you walk there, get a train and get into town you might as well have walked and saved yourself the cash.

Isn't that cos the trainlines are closed. There are lines without stations that could be reopened apparently

The train stations currently are 30 mins away, this one would be 20. It’s not much better really.

I think match day only bus lanes all the way to town might be better.

The train stations currently are 30 mins away, this one would be 20. It’s not much better really.

This has been my argument each time this comes up. Utting Avenue is the nearest a train station could be to the ground and it's 0.8 miles from the Anny Road end. Add on queueing time, capacity issues, and that it'd be a 20 min journey to town from there

Think dedicated game day bus lanes to both town and a new park and ride near the motorway would be far cheaper and be more efficient at getting large volumes of fans in and out

This has been my argument each time this comes up. Utting Avenue is the nearest a train station could be to the ground and it's 0.8 miles from the Anny Road end. Add on queueing time, capacity issues, and that it'd be a 20 min journey to town from there

Think dedicated game day bus lanes to both town and a new park and ride near the motorway would be far cheaper and be more efficient at getting large volumes of fans in and out

Only works with a massive number of buses, which means lots of drivers too. If you assume 60/70 in bus. You’d need 16 to move a thousand people.

They already have buses from side of St George's hall that go every few minutes and takes 20 minutes.

They don’t have dedicated lanes, so they’re currently slow and s***

They don’t have dedicated lanes, so they’re currently slow and s***

They've never been slow when I've got them. Against Napoli it took about 15 minutes to get there and that was late enough. There should be a better way but I doubt they can make dedicated bus lanes the whole way there without disrupting the people who are driving who aren't going to the match.

Where are they talking about putting the new one? The article on BBC mentions 'next to the stadium', which might just be sloppy journalism. Wondered if it was hinting at something more bespoke. There's potential to run a short extension down Utting Ave and back, ending either in what is now the Stanley Park car park or behind the ARE. 

Was surprised there wasn't more in the first consultation about transport. It also seems convenient that these bits appear in the media just after the first stage of consultation closed.

Look at your maps around the corner of Utting ave and hildebrand rd for the train tracks. That’s the freight train line they’re talking about.

That’s where I thought they were talking about. Cheers.

Where are they talking about putting the new one? The article on BBC mentions 'next to the stadium', which might just be sloppy journalism. Wondered if it was hinting at something more bespoke. There's potential to run a short extension down Utting Ave and back, ending either in what is now the Stanley Park car park or behind the ARE.

Was surprised there wasn't more in the first consultation about transport. It also seems convenient that these bits appear in the media just after the first stage of consultation closed.

I'm not sure replacing Utting Ave with a train line solves anything to be honest?

If Joe Anderson has t f***ed up the proposed metro scheme we’d be into the phase of extension and it would make perfect sense for trams in and out of anfield in at least 2 directions.